7. 𝐍𝐢𝐤𝐤𝐚𝐡

Ayla stood lost on the balcony, oblivious to her parents entrance until her father called her name. With teary eyes, she turned and hugged her father tightly, tears streaming down her cheeks. Her mother joined in the embrace, moments later.

After a few minutes of sharing emotions through tears, they all sat on the balcony chairs. Ayla's father spoke reassuringly, "You know, your mother and I have always trusted you, and we still do. Just as Bi Jan said, Allah has better plans, like keeping you close to us, right before our eyes."

Ayla's mother said "We also trust Almir. He's grown up in front of us and cares for you. Your relationship is about to change, but  you both will find love in this."

"Let's have the Nikkah now. Once Almir returns from the US, we'll arrange your rukhsati, just as our daughter wants." Her father said and kissed her forehead before leaving her room, while her mother stayed behind to help her get ready.

Her mother handed her a dress for the nikkah, saying, "I bought this a few months ago because I love this color. It was meant for you. Wear it. I'm sending Zoniya and Fatima to help you."

Ayla emerged from the closet wearing an embroidered lavender shirt with lace-bordered trousers. Zoniya and Fatima were already sitting on the bed, waiting for her. Three of them shared a heartfelt hug, their relationship transitioning from cousins to sister-in-law, a lot to digest.

As time was limited and many guests gone, they helped Ayla get ready with a simple look, light lip gloss, a hint of blush, hair tied in a bun, and the jewelry her mother had given her. Zoniya placed a lace-bordered dupatta on her head, and both Zoniya and Fatima couldn't help but murmur "Mashallah" when they saw her.

"You look flawless Mashallah" Fatima praised.

Ayla's mother entered and, seeing her daughter ready to get married in just a few minutes, couldn't hold back her tears. It was indeed an emotional day for the Malik household, filled with tension and happiness as well.

"Hamesha Khush raho Meri Jan" she said while placing a gold net dupatta on Ayla, covering her face. They then escorted her downstairs for the Nikkah.

(Always stay happy)

In Almir's room, Aliya Malik entered to find him standing in front of the mirror, combing his hair, dressed in a perfectly fitted gray shalwar kameez, showcasing the result of his gym efforts.She approached him and handed him a watch from the dressing table.

"I know I don't need to advise you on anything, but she is our daughter first. Handle her with care"  His mother said. He nodded, offering her a slight smile as he hugged her. His father then entered the room and reminded him
"Clear everything before going"

He came downstairs with his parents and took his seat on the sofa.

A minute later, Ayla arrived with her parents, her veil covering her face. In the presence of family and a few close relatives, the nikkah ceremony began. They signed the papers, accepted each other as husband and wife, and committed to each other for eternity.

After a heartfelt dua, congratulations echoed through the Malik House. The elders had tears of happiness, it was a precious moment for everyone.

"Almir come here" Bi Jan, who was sitting with Ayla, signled him to sit beside her.

As he took his place next to Ayla, the scent of his perfume filled her senses, and she felt her heart race due to their proximity. Almir's mother lifted a corner of Ayla's veil and placed it on Almir's head, setting a large mirror on their laps. It was rasam of Munh Dikhai.

Almir was the first to gaze into the mirror, and his breath hitched. At that moment, he felt peace, happiness, and a myriad of emotions because the girl sitting beside him now belonged to him. The anxiety that had been building in him for days melted away with the simple act of signing a paper, making her his, for forever.

When Ayla lifted her eyes to see him in the mirror, she noticed a different emotion in his eyes. They both felt something different—peaceful and pleasant, though it was too early for them to put a name to their feelings.

Zoniya and Fatima exchanged signals and whispered something to Almir's mother, who nodded in agreement. With few guests remaining, and those present engrossed in dinner, both girls took Ayla with them. Almir looked at them in confusion, but Ali took his hand and led him outside.

Ayla gasped and stood there in confusion, as she entered the terrace. Fairy lights adorned the space, and a table for two was set in the middle. Ayla was bewildered.

"What is this!" She asked looking towards Zoniya and Fatima, with frowned forehead.

"Where are you taking me?" Almir asked Saad and Ali, who were guiding him upstairs after an useless conversation in the garden.

"To your destiny" Ali winked.

When the boys arrived on the terrace, Zoniya took Ayla's hand and spoke with a knowing look.
"We know this Nikkah happened suddenly, but we also want to make it memorable for both of you. Enjoy your dinner as newlyweds."

As they went, Almir moved closer to Ayla, and she was nervously intrigued. She met his extended hand, and it felt surreal to hold it. It was as if they were floating in the sky, side by side, their hands intertwined—a dreamy sensation.

He pulled out a chair for her, and she sat down with a slight smile. He took his seat opposite her, and a vase of white lilies adorned the center of the table—her favorite flowers. Food and cutlery were neatly arranged, and they began their meal in serene silence.

The gentle breeze stirred a few hair strands, making her uncomfortable. Almir noticed and rose from his chair, tucking them behind her ear. He spotted a pin on the side of her hair, carefully removed it, ensuring her dupatta remained undisturbed. He then placed it perfectly and resumed his seat, offering her a warm smile.

She remained in her place, still in a daze. Something seemingly insignificant had stirred her profoundly. As cousins, they had talked before, but Almir's presence had always been marked by little gestures like adjusting her dupatta or giving style advice. Now, everything felt entirely different, and his simple touch had sparked a sensation within her.

"Finish your meal" He gently urged, bringing her back to reality. She nodded.

Completing their dinner, he held her hand and led her to a corner of the terrace, where a wooden swing hung. They both sat down, maintaining a small but significant distance.

"I know everything is happening fast and unexpectedly" he began. "Our relationship has changed, and it's in our destiny. Now, we have to live together, so why not embrace it wholeheartedly? Why not become good friends first? We have plenty of time to get to know each other. Will you give it a chance?"

She felt a wave of relief wash over her as she listened to him. With a smile that revealed her dimples, she placed her hand in his. They were both mature enough to understand.

"Let's perform Isha prayer together" He suggested and both went to prayer room, located on ground floor of Malik house.

Saying good night they went to their room, calling off the day with slight smile and many hopes.