9. 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐬 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐝 & 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭

Chicago, USA:

A knock on the door disrupted Almir's intense focus on a laptop. Granting permission to the visitor, he took a brief sip of his coffee and then delved into the screen once more. His personal assistant cleared his throat with a hint of nervousness, signaling the need to get his attention.

"What's the matter?" Almir inquired, his grip on the coffee mug unwavering as he gestured for his assistant to proceed.

"Sir, the details of your Nikkah day have been leaked" his assistant conveyed, placing a MacBook on Almir's desk, showing a news article. Instantly, anger coursed through Almir, making the veins on his forehead bulge with tension.

"Who did this?" he demanded sternly, his eyes locked onto his assistant, who could only shake his head in response.

"I want details" Almir insisted, his fingers tapping away on his phone as he sought to uncover the source of the breach. After a moment of tense typing, he took a deep breath, his expression a mix of frustration and determination.

In another corner of world, Islamabad, Pakistan, Ayla meticulously reviewed the medical reports of a patient, ensuring every detail was accounted for. After finishing her work, she left the ward and entered the hospital's common area. Finding it deserted, she carefully placed her stethoscope down and proceeded to wash her hands.

While waiting for the tea to steep, her phone vibrated, and the caller's name, Zoniya, lit up the screen. She mixed her tea and swiftly answered the call.

"Hey, girl" Zoniya said from other side of call.

"Hi! How are you?" Ayla asked sitting on chair.

"I'm fine. How are you, doctor?" Zoniya asked. As she was again on tour because of university work.

"I'm doing great. What's up?" Ayla asked sipping her tea.

"Thesis sucks. Did you see Almir's brother's post?" She asked and Ayla sat straight listening his name.

"No. What happened?" Curiosity build up in her.

"Go and check" Zoniya said cutting the call.

Curious, Ayla opened Instagram and found Almir's post on top with a caption.

almirmalik_ Mr and Mrs. Almir Malik💍
Husband of wonderful and string girl❤️

I hope you respect our privacy.

This picture was taken by Ali after dinner. Theh had a little photoshoot and rings were given by Bi Jan. Her eyes scanned the words again and again.

A smile and a blush graced her face involuntarily, leaving her pondering the unexpected social media post. Before she could message him, knowing reason of sudden post,  her phone rang again, displaying Almir's name on the screen.

She answered the call with saying Salam.

"Waalaikumsalam. How are you?" He asked.

"I'm good. And you?" She answered.

"I'm fine. You see the post?" He asked. She hummed in response.

"Actually, the media got wind that I was supposed to marry someone else. You don't need to worry about anything. What I wrote, I meant it, and I have no regrets about marrying you." He said making her heart skipped a beat.

"Thank you" She said making him confuse.

"For what?" He asked. He didn't anything for which she need to say thank you.

"For everything" She said making him chuckle.

"Take care. I'll call you later" He said ending the call.

He checked the clock it read 9 PM. Gathering his belongings, he left for his penthouse.

It's 11 PM in US, Almir was engrossed in his work, seated in his study. His laptop screen illuminated the room with its soft glow when a message on phone interrupted his concentration. It was from his assistant, telling him who leaked the news of Nikkah.

News got leaked by Zahra Kiani.

Almir's brows furrowed as he read the message, his frustration mounting. How dare she do this? Hadn't the accusations been enough? Seething, he dialed Zahra's number, which his assistant had  provided with message.

After a few rings, Zahra answered, saying, "I knew you would call me"

"Why did you do this?" He asked trying to calm himself because she's a female otherwise he would show the consequences of laying bad eyes on his family.

"I thought the world should know who's your wife. After all, the world should recognize the wife of the youngest businessman, Almir Malik"  Her voice came from other side.

"It's none of your business" Almir said fisting his left hand, trying to control his anger.

"It is my business. You left me on our Nikkah day. What was my fault, and then you married that girl" Zahra said hissing each word.

"It wasn't my fault. Your family accused us, and you did too. And dare you involve her." Almir responded.

He thank God every second from saving her and family. Earlier he was in regret a bit that maybe they did wrong with her after all they too have sisters. But he got to know how liar and corrupt her family and Zahra, herself wasn't like what she showed.

"I'll destroy you and her" She barked from other side of call.

"Ah, really! Try your best. If you need any help, call me." Almir said. Really! this girl had an audacity to threaten him. Almir Ahmed Malik. People think twice before speaking him and this girl threatening him.

Ending the call, Almir messaged Ali, to which he replied within a second.

Ali:  "Bolo, kya kaam hai?"

Almir:  "Waoo, direct kaam."

Ali:  "I know. Mr. Almir Malik would never call us except for work 😏"

Almir:  "Good you know that. Increase security around Ayla. I got a call from Zahra. Pagal hogayi hai woh. And make sure to check on her too."

Ali: "Done. You want us to do something about her?"

Almir: "For now, no."

Almir sighed. He would never allow any harm  to Ayla or his family. With no signs of sleepiness, he continued to immerse himself in his work, reason to come here.

........

    Target: 100 Votes
(Your 1 vote means alot to me)