8. 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

As the sun rose, a feeling of starting a new journey, new relations, sense of hope filled the morning. The day offered the possibility of a better future, where the past could be left behind, and the embrace of a new day brought with it the opportunity for change and growth.

Ayla emerged from the closet, clad in a peach shirt adorned with hints of lime and pink flowers on the sleeves and hem, paired with cotton pants and a pale yellow organza dupatta. Her tayi, now her mother-in-law, had gifted her this dress in the morning and instructed her to wear it for the day.

She applied light makeup and donned matching studs and an artificial ring. As she pinned her hair back, a knock on the door interrupted her. She draped the dupatta over her shoulder and opened the door.

For a moment, she was taken aback by the person standing there - Almir, her new husband. It felt strange to acknowledge this new relationship.

He stood there, exuding confidence, dressed in a white T-shirt and jeans. His smile added to his allure, a rare sight to behold.

Clearing his throat, he broke the awkward silence. "Good morning" he said, attempting to dispel the tension.

"Um...Good morning" she replied, puzzled by their strange behavior. Why were they acting as if they were meeting for the first time?

"Can I come inside?" Almir asked, seeing her lost in thought.

"Uh...yeah, sure, come in" she stammered, annoyed at her own behavior.Why was this so difficult?

Inside the room, they stood, somewhat awkwardly, in the middle of the room.

"You look beautiful" he suddenly complimented her, catching her off guard. It was yet another surprise.

"Thank you" she blushed in response.

He handed her a small bag.
"Here's your Nikkah gift" he said, observing her confusion. She took it, their fingers briefly touching, sending a jolt through their bodies with the mere contact.

She took out a horizontal box from the bag, while Almir took the bag from her so she could open it easily. He felt a bit nervous; it was his first time buying a gift for anyone, especially a girl. Even though they were cousins, he had no idea about her preferences.

She gasped as she unveiled a gold thin bangle bracelet adorned with round diamond accents at each end.
"Um...do you like it?" Almir inquired.

"Thank you, it's elegant. I love it" she responded, making Almir smile wholeheartedly.

An awkward silence descended once more, and a few seconds later, she hesitantly began, "Umm actually..."