ONE

COLD

COLD.

That was the best word to describe him.

Mujin, Choi mujin

Apart from being the CEO he was the one who leaded the country's largest drug ring, the Dongcheon cartel.

A large organization.

He forgot how to smile, how to make out a conversation, he was simply a killing machine, cold blooded a heart of stone.

Everything went downhill when one of his most trusted friend Donghoon, whom he trusted like a brother turned out to be a spy.

As per the rule in the organization.

It was the most important rule of Dongcheon, betray the organization and you will be killed.

Surely, Donghoon knew of this risk before he entered the organization as a spy.

I've no word in this matter, I'm no one but a woman who works under him, ever since my father's death in an accident I've promised my loyalty and life to the leader, that was my father's last and also first wish.

I as his daughter complied without hesitation.

Lavinia vesper, that was my name but I was rarely addressed with that name, they called me,

Red saint, it was like a codename for me as my name wasn't used much.

I wasn't brought up in golden spoon like most would, I wasn't a Korean but rather a half, I belonged to UK but my father was Korean as soon as my birth my father fled with me to Korea due to my mother, the traumatic incident.

Men working here had fear whenever they were faced with me, even though I was the only woman working for mujin I was better than the man working for him I was highly honored, whenever man where placed in a ring with me a look of fear was clear in there eyes.

I don't blame them, I was nothing different from the leader, my only goal was 'protect Choi mujin' my sole purpose.

No emotion's shown, no emotion's hurt. Does that describe me? Does that describe him.

The leader was good enough to make conservations and small talks or sometimes even take us out for a dinner, smile brightly too.

He was 'sweet' to me, he was nice and made me laugh with small jokes it made me stir feelings for him.

That was before the betrayal of donghoon, ever since that he turned cold, didn't talk much, didn't even smile.

Taeju, his right hand man.

Man of complex emotions through his eyes and facial expressions, delivering an impressive portrayal of a torn person walking the fine line between good and evil.

┬⁠─⁠─⁠┬

"There's a meeting, I don't think you need to head there" I heard Taeju speak to me as I was watching the fight between some fighters in the ring.

"Why?" I replied glancing at Taeju as he bowed looking behind me.

His here.

I bowed as well stepping back in the line with Taeju so did the fighters.

His usual cold attitude with a cigarette hanging in his hands.

He glanced at me before nodding.

"You can take the day off" he waved his hands at me.

I was not needed today.

"Yes sir" was all I said before he left with taeju.

"You wanna train?" I heard Gangjae
A Dongcheon cartel member.

I shook my head saying no and left, it was almost noon I could just head home or head to a bar.

Bar seems to be the best option for now, a drink could solve all this headache I've been having.

I hooked up with a guy, nothing serious however I was not looking for a relationship, they are a waste of time and energy that drains you till you it can't no more.

I woke up to my mobile beeping, I groaned looking at it to find Taeju calling me.

It was almost 12 midnight.

I picked up even though I was annoyed already, "Red, you need to come" was all he said before cutting the call.

Something's wrong.

I stood up quickly and found the guy from the bar asleep next to me, I threw his cloths at him and chased him out without letting him speak.

"Wait! If you want contact me My name is pil-" I closed the door with a harsh thud before the bar guy could finish.

Taking a quick bath I noticed the hickey that guy left on my neck as I wore a turtleneck and headed off to mujin's penthouse.

As soon as I exited from the lift a glass shattered in my way, I didn't flinch, I was used to this, used to Choi and his anger management.

I stepped in and bowed.

His hair was messy, his shirt was unbuttoned all the way, his tattoo of organization clearly visible and printed on his chest, he was holding a whiskey in his hands and he looked raged.

He gave taeju and other man a glance and as if they understood his gaze, they left.

Taeju knew better, no one could calm mujin other than you.

Even though he never admitted he always knew mujin's attraction towards red, But neither mujin nor red would admit anything, two stubborn grown ups.

"Sir-" I bowed once again but was cutt off before I could ask him anything.

"Where were you?" His gaze was fixed on my neck, realizing he saw my hickey I quickly pulled up the turtleneck.

He closed his eyes in pure frustration and clenched his jaw.

He don't know why he is frustrated but looking at the mark on her neck made him even more angrier.

He was annoyed, he was in pain from betrayel and she found herself a boyfriend.

"Handle the deal in Japan" he leaned back in his seat as I nodded without any hesitation.

The fact is he wanted to see her at least a glimpse of her to calm his nerves but that didn't work when she decided to show up with a fucking mark on her neck.

"Yes sir" I glanced at him if he had anything else to say or i could leave.

His eyes were still closed.

"Sir is something wrong?" With all my deepest concern I held out my hand to grab his.

He shifted his hands away.

Rejection, that hurts.

His eyes were closed trying to calm down and decided to take a cigar so he moved away his hands without knowing she was trying to hold it, he didn't hear her either.

"Then I'll leave" I stepped back as he opened his eyes to say something but didn't.

So I left.

He was hurt, the fact she left without even asking if he was alright hurted him a sting in his chest, even though he had closed everyone out from his life after the betrayel from his friend he expected her to approach, but she never did.

You grew distant from him.

"Damm you Lavinia" he rubbed his forehead not knowing why he is feeling this, he doesn't want this feelings.