NINE

The night had fallen as I walked through the strangely eerie silence in the hall of the penthouse.

I nodded at taeju meeting him in the elevator as we both were heading upstairs to Mujin's office.

Mujin had called me in for an unknown reason to which I'm sure related to handling another business or about a funeral we had to attend tomorrow.

But my guts said otherwise, it was way to quite for my liking and my feelings were not settling no matter what so I decided to loose up the tie on my suit to relive myself.

To my surprise taeju dropped off at the middle and didn't go all the way to Mujin's office with me, i frowned at him as he nodded reassuringly, his nod usually calmed me down but today it wasn't helping.

With a sound of the elevator stopping I stepped out to find no bodyguards at the entrance, I gulped and stepped forward making myself clear Infront of mujin who was sitting on his chair as usual with a cigarette and a expensive whiskey by his side.

I bowed before proceeding to ask question, "sir, you called?" I glanced at the gun on his table as his collar shirt was half unbuttoned making him look a mess in a good way.

He stood up from his chair and came Infront of the table leaning on it, something he always does and litt a cigarette.

"Where were you when I told you to take the day off" it wasn't a question it was more like a demand to know the answer, his voice was little too deep and he seemed tipsy.

Immediately getting the question I sighed lightly, the day I hooked up with pildo that idiotic police officer.

Now I was pretty sure he was suspecting me as a traitor I don't blame him, I slept with my rival after all.

"I was at a bar-"

"With" he cut my words off before I could finish by asking one more demanding question.

I was hesitant even though he knew who I was with he was determined to get the words out of me.

After some moment of silence without me answering he smirked.

His mad.

"Any cop but you chose the guy from captain cha's team, what was going through your mind before taking such steps" he strolled towards me while talking.

"Sir I did not know he was working under captain Cha and he did not know I was red saint" I replied trying to stand still while he was walking towards me as intimidating as he looked.

Now he was Infront of me standing tall.

"I don't fucking care, how clumsy where you to let a officer leave marks on your neck and you had the audacity to walk into my office with that" mujin blew the smoke from his cigarette into my face as if telling me to get lost and dropped the cigarette to the floor crushing it under his feet as if telling me he could crush me like the cigarette.

"I apologize sir, I had no intentions to disappoint you" I replied firmly looking anywhere but his eyes.

"My eyes are up here, Lavinia vesper" I gulped as my name left his mouth, his strong scent was enough to make me feel something I can't explain, I locked my gaze with his as he smirked again.

He grabbed my waist with tendency but also harshness pulling me closer and closing the gap between us.

I was out of words, I was out of this world.

With a Swift of his hands he removed some strands of hair from my face while grabbing the back of my neck making me shiver.

If he wanted to he could snap my neck any moment.

He Burried his head into my neck as I breathed in relieve, "sir I didn't mean any of it" I grabbed his shirt by his waist trying to calm him down even though this is not my job to calm him down.

His cold lips where soon latched on my neck as he stopped waiting if I resisted but I did not and let it happen.

I held back all my whimpers but failed to hold back some of them as he nibbled onto my skin moving from one spot to another.

He pulled back and grabbed my jaw slightly turning my head to the right to see the art he has just made on my neck.

With a satisfied smirk he pulled out his mobile before clicking a picture of it and showing it to me and put his mobile back in place.

He left around 3 hickeys or so as his hands were still rested on my waist.

"I don't want you to cover this and come with your usual outfit tomorrow" he whispered and pulled away as I nodded and left.

My breath was stuck and my mind rushed back to what mujin and I just did, was he jealous?!!

Back to mujin he sat back on his chair and looked at the photo of her he just clicked and flipped the phone aside before adding the picture to his favorite.

Taeju was silent the next day.

Everyone was.

We were all at the funeral as I stood behind mujin while he was having conversation with captain Cha who happened to be attending the funeral as well.

Overtime mujin kept glancing at pildo with a smirk.

Even though the suit hid most of the hickey half one was still visible and I was sure pildo and the rest saw it because the attention was clear.

"Looks like your Sytch is not feeling well today Choi mujin" captain Cha addressed to me, he usually called me the scythe and mujin the reaper.

Mujin smirked leaning towards captain Cha before speaking,

"My women is not your concern"

It was a warning for captain Cha as well as the clumsy officer she hooked up with.

he gave pildo a harsh glance before leaning back in his seat.

I didn't hear what mujin said to but it seemed to have affect on captain cha as he stood up and left with his team.