Chapter 5 'Mission Start'

[And as soon as I finished off chapter 4, I was already onto chapter five! I've never done that with any other book! THAT'S HOW MUCH FUN I'M HAVING WITH THIS STORY! The mystery aspect and the story itself feel fresh and I hope you guys feel the same. I have a lot planned for this story, so if you wanna see more. Feel free to vote and comment your thoughts. But with that being said, let's get straight into the next chapter!!!] 
__________________________________________________________________________________

[Your POV]

--February 4th--

The weekend went by fairly quickly. In that time I explored Tokyo got to know the place fairly well. I went to a few arcades. Spent some time at a hot spring in the mountains. I even managed to find a few games packed away in my luggage that I was eager to begin playing. But no matter what I ended up doing, my mind was always brought back to the situation with Makima. I still had no idea what perplexed me so much about it. I tried ignoring it to the best of my ability. But I just couldn't get it out of my head. 

To the point, I began to question...Maybe there was a reason my mind couldn't get rid of it. Maybe my subconscious was trying to tell me something. Even so...I kept the matter to myself. I contemplated just walking next door and asking Makima if everything was alright. You know, in a casual way. But then I realized that would probably only make things more contemplated. So I kept to myself. But today I was finally going to get some answers. I needed to find Kishibe and get him to introduce me to the Yuki guy Himeno mentioned. 

He was the only one I knew who properly saw this man that Makima talked to. I was so set on this matter that this morning I woke up before my alarm. By a whole forty-five minutes, in fact. With the added time to my day, I got ready earlier and left the house before it was even eight o'clock. So it was no surprise when I wasn't greeted by the sight of Himeno and Makima exiting along with me. I decided to talk to work today instead of catching the train. It gives me more time to think about the questions I'd ask Yuki when I met him.

On my way to work, I stopped by the coffee shop Makima took me to. Surprisingly, I kinda got addicted to the stuff after trying it once. It was as I waited in line, however, that I was reminded of what Himeno told me on the train Friday Night.

"He said something about seeing her and a guy in a cafe."

This had to be the place, right? I mean, surely it was. Makima seemed to hold a liking to this particular cafe, so why would she go to another one? It had me beat. But it only pushed me further to find Kishibe and ask this Yuki guy about what was going on the day he spotted the man with Makima. I started to worry that this guy may be threatening her. 

Maybe holding something against her. When I heard them speak that night, it sounded like Makima didn't want him there. So the fact that he may be a no-good person was definitely a possibility. With this thought growing I quickly picked up my pace and took off to work. Before I knew it, I was standing in front of the front desk, where one of the female receptionists greeted me with a smile. A noticeable red bow in her hair quickly caught my attention.

Receptionist: "Hello. How may I help you today?"

(Y/n): "Um...Hi? I'm (Y/n) (L/n), I work here at Public Safety. I was just wondering if you could possibly tell me where I could find Kishibe...Uh...Kishibe? I'm sorry, I, uh, I don't recall getting his last name."

Receptionist: "Oh, that's fine. There's only one Kishibe here. Haha. At least, the one everyone knows."

(Y/n): "Oh, really?"

Receptionist: "Yes. Now, um...Just give me a second and I'll see if I can find where he's rostered for today."

As soon as I heard that, but heartbeat quickened. The sooner I knew where Kishibe was, the sooner I could find this Yuki guy. Though, I hope it wouldn't be weird for me just randomly showing up to where Kishibe was. I mean, he seemed nice the other night. But I didn't want to push anything.