Chapter 8 'Out Of My Head'

[Alright, so this book is really doing well! We now enter the second ARC of this book titled "The Girlfriend Saga" Something that will progress for possibly 4-5 chapters. The previous ARC I dubbed "The Friendship Saga". So with Friendship and now Girlfriend on the way...What could be the final ARC? I guess there's only one way to find out. So if you're excited for this story to continue...LET'S GET RIGHT INTO IT!!!]
__________________________________________________________________________________

[Your POV]                                                                                                                                                             H̸̭̏e̷͔̎̇̋l̷̬̳̑l̵̗̼̺̈́̃͛o̵͈̣̅̽͠?

The month of February was quite something. From moving to Japan to working in my dream job. So much had happened, and I couldn't believe it. I made some amazing friends, I got to experience the country I had always wanted to be in; and even had a decent space to call my own. Now, sure, I actually didn't end up seeing a Devil yet. But who cares! I'm sure one will come along eventually! But... Out of everything that has happened in this first month, nothing compares to what happened with Makima.

A road of twists would definitely be the best way to describe it all. At first, I thought she was a stone-cold person who I'd probably never get along with. Yet, as more time went by I ended up growing closer to her until now. I feel like we're closer than ever before. After hearing about her horrid past and the sorrow she felt, I couldn't help but offer my assistance. Besides, my Mother would kill me if she found out I didn't at least try to help a poor girl in a situation like this. Nevertheless, I have no regrets in the matter. The fact I feel we're great friends now only adds to it.

Six months have now passed since that night I held the crying Makima in my arms, and since then, I have tried to be that guiding light she so desperately needed. But most of all...I tried being a friend. At first, it was simple things like walking to and from work together. Having coffee during our breaks. And just having chats like normal friends would. It kinda helped we were already partners at work, so spending the time together didn't take us away from our work either. Not that six months of patrol brought any action. But after about a week of that, I decided to ask Makima if she wanted to hang out. 

Something she insisted I didn't need to do, but after continuing to state I wasn't going to take no for an answer, in a good manner, of course, she joyously agreed. I decided to take her to a carnival that had rolled into the countryside of Tokyo. There, various games, events, and shows were held. It was an incredible night that both myself and Makima enjoyed immensely. I knew Makima liked it because as we returned to our apartments later that night, she claimed that was the most fun she had had in a long time. Hearing such made me unable to hold back a smile as I realized I was doing a good thing for a friend. But that was only the start of it all.

As more time went by the more we hung out. Some days were just simple things, like going to the library to read books, or spend the time cooking at either one of our apartments. Other days were more out there, like going to the beach and watching movies. But no matter what it was, we had a blast. It quickly became a natural thing for the other to be seen in the other's apartment. Before long it felt like Makima and I had known each other for years. There was not a day that went by where I didn't see Makima smile. And whenever I was around, she seemed far more open to other people as well.

No matter what it was. Whether it be a simple hello, or Makima stretching out to start a full conversation. Makima found the strength, and I was always there to help her. Of course, there were times when people still ignored her. But Makima found no sadness out of it. My presence seemed enough for her to realize that no matter what...She'd always have someone by her side. And it was still like that to this very day. Where a very different Makima could be seen for the entire city of Japan. A happy smile crossing her lips as she admired her appearance in the mirror.