Chapter 10 'The Party'

[We just keep moving on! Chapter 10 and this book keeps climbing the ranks. A big reveal came in the previous chapter, one which I feel fits the Chainsaw Man universe whilst also being open for use in a fanfiction standard. Nevertheless, you can expect that with each chapter that comes out, more and more interesting and previously unknown details will be revealed. But not everything is as it seems. As I'm sure some of you have noticed. But without spoiling anything. I guess you'll just have to keep reading until you see where this story goes...and the adventure that awaits~]                                                                                                                  

Ỳ̵̤̈́͝o̸͚̬̳͚̣̾̇͐ư̵̛͉͖͆̋̇̓̾ ̸̨̨̫̮̲̦̙̩̑̏́̓̕͠W̴͕̺̹̙̤̲̏͗̔̑̉͋̋i̸͕̻̞̮͖͕̬̓̇̑͗̑l̸̟͇͉͊͜͜l̵̢̳̫̯̘̣̝͋̈́̆͋͠ ̴̭̆͐Ļ̸̛͉͍͍̺̤͍̫͒̒̌͒͛͐͌o̴̹͖̹̦̦͛́͐͘v̷̢͉̭̪͓̊̅̒͊̅͘e̸͇͕͆͂̎̌̿͝ ̶̨̮͜͝M̴̡̛͉̞̜̳͖̰͔̾͒ẹ̷̔̉͒̒ ̸̞̦̮̆̑̐͂̔̓̓̈T̴͉̺̯̼͌̎̑͛͘ò̸͉̖̺̞͉̞̐̏o̵̞̭̥̞͓͉̥̔͌̏͂̈́.̷̨͈͎̩̣̞̯͓̈́̃̌.̵͕̭̙̼̬͕̙̹̅̇̎̑̉̈́̂.̷̮̼̬̪̝̣̝̅́̆͜
________________________________________________________________________________

[3rd Person POV]

--With Makima--

The sound of a hair dryer flooded the air of Apartment room '326', the one that just so happened to be next to the very person the owner of 326 was currently thinking about. Then again, for the past few hours now Makima had been thinking about (Y/n). Not that that was all she thought about. Of course not. I mean, sure, she admitted to herself, quite literally, not long ago that she had a crush that wasn't so much massive than big on the male. But still! 

The way she was thinking about him was a normal amount! But it wasn't creepy. She was more so thinking about him because the events that awaited her tonight were making her extremely nervous. It was Friday, around Six o'clock, and Makima found herself getting ready for a work celebration at a noodle house in the city. The entire Devil Hunter Department of Public Safety was invited to celebrate the fact that Mr Hamada, their boss, had been extended to the head position of Tokyo's Japan Branch of Public Safety for another three years. 

Now, it was fairly known that Mr Hamada was quite the one to celebrate achievements. So it came as no surprise when he asked for everyone to join him at his favourite restaurant to drink, eat, and celebrate this milestone. Now, when Makima first heard this, she was nowhere near as excited as she was now. She knew how her boss got when drunk. So she planned to reluctantly decline the offer to go out for drinks and stay home and rest. Maybe read a book. 

Watch a movie? Well, whatever she had planned, she immediately forgot when she found out (Y/n) was going. It was like a switch in her head suddenly flicked on when she found out (Y/n) was going. There was no other way to describe it. There was just something about hearing that (Y/n) was going that made Makima excited for it. Even if she wasn't exactly much for crowds still, the fact (Y/n) was going was enough to make her step out and shove her fears to the side. 

Now she found herself eagerly blow-drying her hair in the mirror whilst also making sure she had applied enough Makeup as well. As she did so, a familiar voice kept talking in her head. You know, normal things~

"Pfft! I can't believe you're putting in so much effort for this. You really are pathetic."

Makima: "Iugh Noh Pafechic."