FIVE, not so lucky compass

FIVE, not so lucky compass( episode two, the lucky compass )☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎

( episode two, the lucky compass )
☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎

     THE NEXT DAY, CASSIE WOKE UP TO JJ IN HER LIVING ROOM, ONCE AGAIN, SLEEPING PEACEFULLY. she just stared at him for a while, glad that he was safe at the chateau once again. she still felt awful about kicking him out, but he had assured her it was fine.

"cass?" jj mumbled, his eyes fluttering open for a second to look up at her.

the girl, who had been leaning against the wall, watching the boy with a smile she didn't even realize she had, immediately panicked. "um? yeah?" she questioned, standing up straight and clearing her throat.

jj smiled, wiping his face. "were you watching me?" he asked the girl, making her nervously avoid eye contact, flustered that he had caught her. "you wanna join me?" he patted a side of the pullout couch beside him, to which she stared at him blankly. "i know you want to."

cassie smiled, walking over to the couch, leaning against it. "we need to get ready to go, jb's gonna be back soon." the girl informed him, shaking his shoulder gently.

"five more minutes." he groaned, his eyes shut once again. he grabbed both of cassie's arms and pulled her to lay beside him. "please?" she didn't fight him, just laid beside him, her gaze never leaving him. he felt eyes on him, so his snapped open once again, to meet cassie's gaze.

they stared at each other in silence for a bit, just taking in each other's presence and admiring each other's features. jj had always thought cassie was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen, but it was now, in this moment when he determined that every single one of her features was beautiful and worked in perfect harmony with the others.

cassie nervously smiled at their intense eye contact, before breaking it, looking to her hands anxiously. "would you be mad at me if i went as my boss's guest to midsummers?" she asked, cautiously.