TWELVE, forced proximity

TWELVE, forced proximity( episode six, parcel 9 )☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎

( episode six, parcel 9 )
☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎

      THE NEXT DAY, JOHN B AND ALL THOSE INVOLVED IN THE PLAN HELPED SET IT UP. cassie, who was terrified of getting involved and betraying kie, along with grace just watched, but, eventually, they, and pope, were put on getting kie duty.

they took the hms pogue over to the carrera dock, and cassie was so scared that kie was going to hate her if she found out what was going on. "code red!" cassie yelled so loud she was sure the whole neighborhood could hear it. "kiara carerra, we need you!"

"code red!" grace copied.

a minute later, kiara headed down the dock, a scowl on her face. "what the hell is going on?" she questioned.

"the boys need a tow. they got heyward's boat stuck in the marsh." cassie answered.

"uh, okay, well, what does that have to do with me?" kie questioned, as she stepped in the boat.

pope and cassie shared a nervous look. "we need you for mechanical." pope answered, as if it was obvious.

"mechanical." she repeated, sighing. 

they quickly got back to the marsh, where the boys had rigged the boat so that they'd be stranded until they came back to get them the next morning. 

pope pulled up beside his father's boat, where kie climbed on. cassie followed, making sure kie wouldn't suspect anything. "can't you guys do anything without me?" she questioned, sighing. "what happened?"

"uh, the alternator's, uh, not alternating anymore." jj answered.

"it's not charged." john b added. cassie stayed outside of the cabin, praying sarah, who was locked in the bunk, stayed quiet.

"did you check the plugs?" kie questioned.

"no. no, you should check 'em." jj replied, standing up and handing her the screwdriver in his hand.