ELEVEN, kook life

ELEVEN, kook life( episode five & episode six )☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎

ELEVEN, kook life
( episode five & episode six )
☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎

     CASSIE HAD FALLEN ASLEEP IN THE WAITING ROOM OF ST. OLIVE'S HOSPITAL. her dress was dirty, her makeup was all smeared off, the bruises on her neck were showing through, and she didn't even know where her heels were. "cassie." the bright fluorescent lights hurt her eyes when she opened them. "cassie."

it was sarah. cassie sighed at this, wiping her eyes. "he's waking up." she informed her.

cassie shot up, walking barefoot down the hall to his room. sarah followed after, a few feet behind.

in his room, john b was waking up, looking around disoriented. cassie sighed a sigh of relief.

"hi." sarah said, smiling.

"hi." he looked around for a second more. "where am i?"

"st. olive's." sarah answered. "you fell from the hawk's nest."

"topper pushed you." cassie bitterly corrected.

"you have a concussion and a broken wrist." sarah continued. he fell ten feet and came out with barely even a scratch. it was the john b routledge blessing; his actions never had consequences. the cassie routledge curse was that everything seemed to have a consequence for her.

beeps from the machines filled the air. john b took a minute to look at the cast around his arm. "whoa." he muttered.

"pretty cool."

he sat up slightly, mumbling, "we need to get outta here, cass." he sat up even more. "dcs is gonna find us—" he tried to remove the wires from him frantically.

"hang on there, kid. hang on." a new voice said. cassie turned to see that it was ward cameron, entering her brother's hospital room. "sarah told me everything. about your little adventure, about you running from the dcs, about how you were protecting her in the tower." cassie eyed sarah angrily. "john, i believe i owe you an apology. you were honest with me about a small indiscretion, and i went ahead and fired you anyway. and i shouldn't have. unfortunately, from time to time, i have a bit of a..." he took a deep breath. "short fuse. ask her." he motioned to sarah.