SIXTEEN, little girl

SIXTEEN, little girl( episode eight, the runway )☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎

( episode eight, the runway )
☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎

     WHEN JJ WOKE UP THE NEXT MORNING, CASSIE WASN'T BESIDE HIM. the house smelled delicious, the door to cassie's room was wide open, letting the smell waft in. the blonde haired boy pulled himself out of the bed onto the cold wood floor.

he took himself to the kitchen, following the smell. cassie had her back to the entryway, grace beside her on a step stool, mixing some pancake batter up in a bowl.

cassie laughed at something her daughter said, mixing in the bowl. "yeah, and what's your favorite movie?" she asked, very interested in the answer.

"rapunzel!" grace managed to say, even though she struggled. "mommy, can i mix?"

"sure," cassie said, moving the bowl in front of grace, handing her the spoon. "try to get all the clumps out." grace rapidly stirred at the batter, flinging it around, onto herself and cassie. "grace, stop!" jj, who had been leaned against the wall watching the girls, chuckled. 

cassie turned around, wiping pancake batter from her forehead. she smiled, upon seeing him. she walked over to him and planted a kiss on his lips, gently. "good morning," she greeted.

"good morning." jj replied, kissing her again. "what're you making?"

"pancakes." cassie answered, grabbing a paper towel to wipe the batter off of her face. "i figured we could take them to everyone, for breakfast."

jj grabbed a paper towel and walked over to grace, to wipe her face too. he looked at the flour and milk spread out among the counters, asking, "you're making them from scratch?"

"mhm," cassie hummed in reply, taking the bowl from her daughter and beginning to mix the batter herself again. "it's not hard." she looked around at the mess of ingredients she had left behind. "can you two help clean up?"

the boy nodded, picking grace up from the step stool, and carrying her over to the sink. he helped her wash her hands, then helped her dry them.

"evelyn's not home?" jj asked, as he began to clean up the mess cassie had left behind her. the house was quieter