Chapter- 8

A/N POV

The following day, Kiara woke up dangling at the end of her bed while Thyme was sleeping comfortably on her bed like a starfish. She kicked Thyme in order to wake him up but it was no use. He was looking so peaceful that for a second she thought he was dead.

She groaned standing up and was about to head towards the bathroom when someone knocked on her door. She panicked thinking what if it was Kavin and witnessing Thyme sleeping on Kiara's bed would give him the wrong idea.

Why did she care so much about what Kavin thought of her? She does hate him and her 'family' for out of nowhere appearing in her life and taking away the life she worked so hard to build. But there's this feeling in her gut, that says to her that Kavin is different. The care in his eyes, his warm yet protective hug. It made her feel so at ease and comfortable that she almost never wanted to let go.

"Thyme! Thyme. Gosh, wake up you idiot!" She whisper-yelled as she shook the sleeping boy aggressively to wake him up. But he didn't budge. She was left with one choice. Throw him off the bed.

*Knock Knock*

"Just a minute!" She yelled at whoever was at the opposite side of the door. Looking back at Thyme she couldn't help but sigh in disappointment towards him and herself. How could she fall asleep while a stranger was in her room? Yes, that stranger is her brother's best friend but he's still a stranger to her, and so is her brother.

With all her might Kiara pushed Thyme off the bed and rushed towards his side to make sure he didn't scream.

"Mhmmm!" Thyme's muffled screams of pain weren't loud at all which relieved Kiara a little. Now the main problem is how will she get him out of her room without anyone noticing, especially the staff. 

"Alright, no need to panic Kiara." She whispered to herself.

"No need to panic!" Thyme exclaimed as Kiara slapped her hand on his mouth again shushing him.

"There is someone at the door, so don't shout."

"I am seriously starting to think that you are some psychopath. Since, the moment you came here you have nothing but hit me." 

"We'll talk about that later, first go and hide in the bathroom," Kiara ordered, but when has Thyme ever listened to anyone?

"I won't listen to you. I am my own man. I will handle this situation according to my own rules and principles." He announced like there was some movie shooting going on and he's the main character. Kiara face-palmed.

"So this was his idea." She looked down her balcony and saw Thyme groaning in pain as one of the gardeners and some bodyguards rushed to his aid.

Yes, Thyme Akira Paramanaantra, his own man who plays according to his own rules and principles decided that rather than hiding in the bathroom of his best friend's sister to not get caught by his best friend or anyone. He will jump off the balcony and almost break his leg.

"What a doofus." Kiara rolled her eyes and went to open the door. It was John, in his usual over-shiny black suit with a black face and hands behind his back standing there in his bodyguard-like posture.

"Mr. Kittiyangkul sent you here to kick me out of the house 'cause they found their 'real' daughter really this time? I'll be glad to escort myself out." Kiara spoke her voice laced with annoyance, her morning hadn't had a very normal start. 

Waking up at the end of your own bed half your body dangling, and your brother's one of the most idiotic best friends sleeping on her bed without any care in the world. Then the daddy's bodyguard knocking on her door, also the one who kidnapped her.