Chapter- 12

A/N POV

Lunch was awkward, but Thyme's an idiot so, it got balanced. MJ wasn't talking to anyone after he told Kavin where Kiara was and Kavin went to pick her up. 

Kiara was continuously looking at MJ, scared that he might tell everyone about her wanting to contact her friends in Korea. And asking them to come here and take her back, which is something her 'family' won't let happen in any aspect. 

And Kiara will be trapped here forever, not even being able to meet her family back in Korea. Her 7 sunshine, the 7 reasons she used to wake up daily. But her big bunny, god she misses him so much, it's like everything she sees reminds her of him. Her big bunny, her Jungkook, her kook.

And Ren, he was staring at Kiara, surprised that she hadn't commented upon anything yet. Kavin was just quiet, trying to talk to Kiara.

And then there's Thyme. You know there are two types of people, one who asks 'Why?' and the other who answers to 'Why?'. 

Thyme he asks and answers. The only difference is, instead of asking 'Why?' he asks 'Why not?'. 

Kavin decided that it was best for Kiara to get back home and rest. So, he called the day and so did everyone.

"I am coming to your house Kavin, I left my sketchbook there," Ren informed walking past Kavin towards Kiara. "Hop on." He said and leaned for Kiara to get on his back.

Kiara didn't argue and got on his back as Ren approached his car while holding Kiara securely. Kavin went with MJ and Thyme. 

It was silent, like eerie silence in Ren's car. And usually, Ren likes silence, but not with Kiara. Since he has met her there hasn't been any silence in his mind. Even when he's not with Kiara, she's on his mind and then there's no silence. And Ren's grown a little used to it in just 2 days.

"What happened with you and MJ?" Ren asked but Kiara didn't answer. "He's the one who usually talks the most." Kiara still didn't answer, but Ren decided to go on, "Did you two argue about something?" Still no answer, "Did he say something to you and you kicked him?" Nothing, "Did you happen to have something to do with his injured knuckles?" Not even a nod.

Ren kicked on the brakes which led Kiara to almost fall out of her seat if it wasn't for the seatbelt. "What the hell?!" Kiara finally spoke up. "What is your problem? When I say something to you it always leads to an argument which I am pretty sure you hate, now that I am quiet you still have a fucking problem with it? Are you crazy or what?"

"Or is it me who has gone crazy after just living with you people for not even 2 whole days? Each and every one of you is weird, one says that he never breaks his promises, and then when they get to know the actual truth they just lash out hurt themselves, and storm away!" Kiara let out a little pent-up frustration. Not all, but this was progress too.

When she looked at Ren, she just saw him smiling like an idiot. Now that she thinks this is the first time she has seen him smile, like a goofily proud smile. And she'd be lying if she said that her heart didn't flutter and she didn't calm down a little because of that smile.

"Wanna drink something?" Ren asked still smiling that goofily proud smile. "Well, I want to so I will bring something for you, it's your choice whether to drink it or not." Ren shrugged and got out of the car. 

Don't get him wrong, he's not gone crazy, how can he when he already is? He can't. He was just proud that he got Kiara to let out the pent-up frustration. Even if it was just a little.

While waiting for Ren Kiara zoned out with her thoughts only to be brought back by the phone ringing. It was Ren's, now she's not a nosy person but she is a curious person so she just peeked a little to see who was calling. Maybe it was Kavin calling to ask where they had reached, or maybe MJ to talk to Kiara about before.

Gosh, she really needs to talk to Kavin about getting her a phone. She left hers in the store where she worked part-time when those men in black came and then kidnapped her.

But it was neither one of the boys Kiara thought of. In fact, it was someone named 'Mira' with a little smiling emoji beside the name.

Sister? Friend? Best friend? Girlfriend? Kiara thought, but her train of thought was stopped as Ren opened the car door and sat in with two drinks in his hand.

He handed one of the iced coffees to Kiara who took it hesitantly. These reminded her of iced-americanos she used to drink and made Taehyung drink too, he hates coffee but he drank it only for her. 

"I wanted to give you company, don't care what I have drink while doing so shorty." Were always Taehyung's exact words to Kiara while making disgusted faces after every sip of coffee.

"Someone called while you were out getting the drinks," Kiara informed Ren who looked least bothered about the call. "It was someone named 'Mira'." Ren's eyes shone brightly at the mention of the particular name. 

It was the first time she saw Ren so flustered upon hearing someone's name, sure she had known him for just more than 2 days. But this, the way his eyes sparkled, it was different, and it didn't sit well with Kiara. She didn't know why.

"I'll be right back." Without another word, Ren got out of the car with his phone clutched tightly in his hands.

"Why do I even care?" Kiara grumbled to no one in particular and closed her eyes, the coffee cup was long forgotten about. But it was still in her hand.

Ren and Kiara reached the Kittiyangkul mansion in just an hour since there was no traffic. Kiara got out of the car, the coffee cup still in her hands, still almost full.

Ren frowned looking at the cup. 

"You don't like coffee?" He asked, but Kiara was too lost in her thoughts. So, Ren went towards her and waved his hand in front of her face.

Kiara snapped out and looked at Ren, she had to literally look up to the guy. Suddenly realizing how close Ren was to her Kiara's face flushed a little but she hid it well. At least she thought she did.

Ren smirked a little and leaned down to her face level. "You don't like coffee?" He repeated his question.

"I love coffee, I just don't like you very much. And you were the one who brought the coffee....." Kiara by any means didn't mean to say what she just said, she was too in her thoughts to even think straight. Maybe a little flustered too.

Ren's face held one emotion, disbelief. He sighed and took the coffee cup from Kiara's hand. Their hands brushed against each other ever so slightly. Both their hearts started racing a little too fast for their own good as they just kept staring at each other.

"Your hand's cold." Ren's voice suddenly sounded so deep and husky to Kiara as she backed away a little. But Ren caught her hand in his, pulling her towards him. "You know the cup holder in my car is there for a reason."

"I.... like cold?" Kiara wasn't sure what she just blabbered out, was it a sentence or a question, she didn't know. Ren chuckled lightly as he turned around gesturing for Kiara to hop on his back.

Kiara was agitated, but not stupid, her leg already hurt like hell she wasn't going to strain it more. Especially after that incident with MJ.

She hopped on carefully, but then Ren did something unexpected. He seemed to be doing a lot of unexpected things not just today but for the past 2 days.

He held Kiara in one hand and intertwined his other hand with her cold one. Neither of them said anything. They didn't need to, both were too shy to say anything.

Ayo! They held hands! Well, Ren did only cause he needed to warm up Kiara's hands. Or else, Kavin will kill him for not making sure his sister wasn't warm and safe with Ren. I say Kavin if you are so concerned and protective, why the hell did you let her go with Ren then you dumb idiot?!