Chapter 34

Hey, guys! I hope you enjoy this part! Happy reading!

Jack

"Got any eights?"

"Nope. Go Fish. Got any twos?"

"Go Fish. Got any fives?"

"Nada. Got any sevens?"

Elsa huffed and flung me the rest of her remaining cards. "I don't understand how you're so good at this game."

I grinned, tapping my head. "It's all inborn skill."

She snorted, rolling her eyes. "Yes, like Go Fish puts your strategy and brains to the test."

"Aw, don't be a sore loser, Elsie," I cooed to her.

"I'm not being a sore loser!" she protested. "I'm just-"

She yelped in surprise when I pulled her in for a hug. I nuzzled her neck, blowing little raspberries. She squealed, trying to escape from my grasp, but she should know by now that it's pointless.

"Jack! Stop!" she gasped, laughing and writhing. "Stop! N-No more!"

"All right. Fine," I said, letting go of her. She sighed in relief, about to stand up, when I pulled her in again and started tickling her this time.

"Jack!" she laughed, trying to sway my hands away.

"What? You didn't say anything about no tickling!"

"Now I say no tickling!" she shrieked with laughter, desperately trying to get away from me.

"In exchange for...?" I let the question hang in the air.

As if on cue, she managed to kiss me on the cheek. Immediately, my hands stopped and proceeded to rest softly on her lap. She sighed in content, leaning her head against my chest. All seemed to quiet down by then. It was moments like these that I wished I could capture and save it for later.

It had been long time since I had spent any alone time with Elsa. I knew she was still worried about how I felt about the art show, so I made it my mission tonight to show her that I was fine.

Speaking of the art show, I bet you're wondering why I wouldn't want to tell my friends about my new endeavor. Well, if we're being honest here, I want it to be a surprise. I want to see their faces when I take them to the art show and the judge will call my name up to the stage as I receive my award (I know that that makes me sound cocky that I'll win, but the point is I want to see how shocked and happy they'll be, whether I win anything or not).

Also, if word somehow got out that I was still entering the art show, and that word eventually reached Hans (who, might I remind you, is one of my roommates. Ah, well, we can't pick and choose everything), he might go through my stuff again like the nosy weasel he is and then I'd be back to square one. So I think it's safe to say that I'm better off not telling anyone about my secret project.

At least that's what I keep telling myself.

"Hey," Elsa's soft voice broke through my thoughts. She shifted closer to me, pressing a kiss to the bottom of my chin. "You all right? You've gone quiet on me."

I smiled down at her, meeting her gaze. "Just thinking," I murmured. "About stuff."

"About...?" she probed as she pressed the lightest of kisses on my cheek.

"About school, studies, homework, you know, everything a student thinks about," I chuckled.

"Is it about...?" she let the question linger.

I shook my head, smiling. "Nah. Elsa, I'm already over that."

"Yes, I know that," she murmured, "but I still can't believe it. That Hans would even think of doing that to you."

"You're not wrong there," I replied. "I knew Sideburns was a jerk, but I didn't know how much of one he could be."

I heard Elsa let out a breath as she rested her head on my chest. "Anna and the others have been nagging me to tell Principal North, but I don't think it'll do any good at this point."

I shook my head, laughing a little despite the serious turn of the conversation. "I have to agree with you again, my smart snowflake. I only wish that I could just give what that weasel deserves."

"Maybe you can't, but Anna and definitely Merida can," Elsa teased. "Believe me, if you even drop a hint of that, they'll waste no time and go all out."

Leaning against the wall, I smiled, chuckling. "I wish they could, but it wouldn't look good for them and for any of us. Although I do appreciate their eagerness to come to my defense."

Elsa placed her hands on my own, smiling up at me. "We'll always be there for you, Jack. No matter what."

"I know," I whispered, pulling her closer to me. "And I couldn't ask for more special people to share my life with."