Chapter 8

Hey, guys! If you want to check out the previous chapter, go to AnimeDisneyGeek's profile! Happy reading!

Merida

I stood in line, waiting for my turn to take a shot at the target. While waiting, I turned to my thoughts, still fuming over Ms. Tremaine's class.

How dare she pick on me and humiliate me in front of the entire class? I thought angrily. Sure, my mum was a bit uptight and stern at times, but it was for the best for me. Ms. Tremaine, though? Let's just say that her name leaves a bad taste to my mouth.

"Merida Dunbroch?" my instructor called me. I didn't realize that I was already at the front. I stepped forward, posture straight. I grabbed a bow from my quiver, something I've had ever since I was a young lass. I aimed my arrow at the target and thought one last thing before letting the arrow make its mark.

Ms. Tremaine won't ever treat me like that again.

Elsa

I sighed in contentment as I listened to my teacher's voice talk about how decisions could affect the world. For my free period, I chose to enroll in Politics. Yes, it sounds really boring to the average student. But I'm no average student. And I don't mean it like, I'm extraordinary or something (although Anna and the others would beg to differ). No, I'm no average student because one day, I will be taking over my parents' work.

I winced at the thought of my parents. Still, even today, my parents was a sore subject with me and Anna. But, one thing remained clear: I was going to take care of my family's work. Truth be told, I actually like learning about politics. How one choice can affect you and the people and how they'll live. It's exciting and scary at the same time. These kinds of things fascinates me, and I want to learn more about these types of things throughout my time here.

The teacher passed out work to be done. Most of the students grumbled at the idea of work on the first day of school. I, on the other hand, was looking forward to it. This piece of paper in my hand was going to determine if all that studying I did over summer vacation had paid off. True, it wasn't like a major exam, but I still wanted to test my abilities as best as I could.

I took a good look at the paper and nodded to myself. Yes, this was something that I had taught myself over the summer. I pulled out a Number 2 pencil and started writing.

Well, here goes nothing.

Jack

I yawned in boredom as the art teacher, Ms. Merriweather talked about primary and complementary colors. She was a plump lady, who kind of resembled a blueberry, not to be mean or anything. You had to admit it was true, though. Every piece of clothing on her was blue, blue, blue. Thinking of blueberries made me think of food, and thinking of food made me hungry. My stomach growled.

Rapunzel, who was in my class, looked at me in annoyance. "I thought you ate three trays of food during lunch!" she whispered irritably.

I shrugged. "Hey, a growing kid needs more food. Got any snacks or something?" I started reaching for her bag.

She swatted my hand away. "No, and be quiet! I'm trying to listen to Ms. Merriweather!"

I sighed. The only reason I took Art was because I thought it was going to be the easiest. In a sense, it was, but how Ms. Merriweather droned on and on about what kind of different art projects we were going to be doing this year, it made my stomach feel a little queasy, and it was not from hunger. It was true though, that I was pretty good at art, but nothing spectacular like Leonardo da Vinci or Georgia O'Keefe. How do I know these artists? That's what happens when you hang out with Rapunzel during her "art explosions" (which means that she gets so many ideas at once for a new project. When she gets into these kinds of moods, she starts talking nonstop about these different artists that were apparently the best in their time).

"Today, since it is the first day of school and I know you children are still trying to get out of Lala Land," Ms. Merriweather chuckled. "Today is a free day! You may draw whatever you want. Just nothing bad, children! And you know exactly what I mean by that!"

Rapunzel quickly got to work, selecting oil pastels, colored pencils, watercolors, acrylic paints, you name it. I, on the other hand, was lazily drawing an outline of snowflake patterns. Yeah, it sounds kind of girly, but ever since I was little, I'd always been interested in winter and stuff that goes with it. Maybe it's because I have powers that allow me to control snow, but whatever is the reason, drawing these types of things, including snowflakes, make me feel relaxed.

I reached over and for a few colored pencils from Rapunzel. I glanced at her drawing and was not surprised when her work looked like a masterpiece. Here and there were intricate geometric patterns. She had blended her colors very well. A work of art made by Rapunzel herself, yet again.

Ms. Merriweather must have thought so too because when she came over, she praised Rapunzel's work.

"My, my! We've got a little Picasso in our midst!" Ms. Merriweather exclaimed. Rapunzel smiled shyly and nodded modestly. Even though her work was always complimented on, Rapunzel still remained to stay humble, something I'm not a real expert at.

Ms. Merriweather then looked at my work. I was preparing myself for the usual reprimanding on how unoriginal and childish my art was and how I should push myself to think "outside the box." I was taken aback when she said, "Jackson Frost! Who knew that you were so talented with drawing snowflakes?" She looked more closely at my half-finished picture. "It really looks like it'll come out of the page! And those small, intricate details! So beautiful and magnificent!" She turned to me. "You're going to finish this, right, my dear?"

"Um, yeah! Sure," I answered lamely, still surprised at her comment on my drawing. Wow, who knew that a teacher actually likes what I do?

Well, if Ms. Merriweather really likes it, it must be pretty decent, I thought. When Ms. Merriweather left to go look at the other students' work, Rapunzel turned to me. Her face was exactly how I felt at the moment.

"Wow, Jack," she said. "Just - wow.

"It looks like I've got a little competition in here," she teased.

"A competition that I'm going to win," I smirked.

"We'll see about that, Frost," she said, smiling mischievously.

I grinned at her and, getting some more colored pencils and a few chalk pastels, went to work.

AN: Yep, three points-of-view in this chapter. Phew! This chapter was really fun to write. Hope you enjoyed reading this and see you in the next part!