005 ∆The Yang to her Yin∆

Lost amid shock and perplexity, Elizabeth froze in her stance, possibly because of the unbearable cold but also because she was in death's grip yet again.

"I think I'm ready to accept your gift Balfour!" Idina expressed in fear.

A stranger too familiar to even be considered one to Elizabeth pushed past her and guided her with his body. His mechanical arm morphed into a weapon that blasted electronic beams at the creature. "Everybody head south! There's a tavern nearby where you will all be safe!" He commanded, his tone portraying leadership.

"Let's go!" Balfour exclaimed, already heading south.

"Why should we listen to you?!" Elizabeth questioned with a look of displeasure.

Without turning to face her, he said in a tone audible to everyone else, "oh it's your choice, if you wish to live then just do as I say." His attention solely on the growling creature that kept trying to fight back.

Feeling insecure about following his orders, she paused and pondered on his words while the others were already a few steps ahead.

Standing at a distance, case three reciprocated the attacks with a resounding sound wave that sent them flying and was also loud enough to almost deafen their ears.

With her eyes closed, she felt a warmer body that seemed to have broken her fall and to her surprise, it was... him.

"I know you don't trust me and I don't blame you for that but this is not the time to argue with me Yin." He said in a husky and throaty voice.

"Fine... and don't call me Yin." She frowned.

She got up, refusing his help and started towards the south with the others. Her conscience on the other hand didn't feel at ease with the fact that they were all leaving him behind with case three.

†∆†
The tavern was packed with people and the smell of alcohol and puked lingered in the air. There were lit torches hung on the walls that provided them with the warmth they craved. A short woman dressed in a parka gown passed their front with a tray filled with all sorts of delicacies, its enchanting aroma enticed their nostrils and their stomachs ached for food.

Neither of them had eaten well for two days but neither of them were ready to admit it.

"I don't think we have enough to get separate rooms so everybody, choose roommates." Blafour smiled.

"Let's wait for Yang." Elizabeth said.

"Who is Yang?" He lifted a curious brow.

"Oh uhm Yang is this guy that saved us."

"Is he Chinese?"

"No but--"

"--have you seriously been standing there since you got here?" Yang asked as he walked past them.

"Yang is back! Now can we maybe eat something? I didn't want to say it but I'm really starving." Balfour rubbed his growling tummy.

"What would you like? That's our table." Yang pointed to an empty table.

"Anything and everything!"

They all settled at the table and it wasn't long before a beautiful blonde lady dressed warmly in a hooded parka that covered up to her knees and mittens decorated their once empty table with all sorts of delicacies.

She seemed to be familiar with Yang as they whispered to each other and shared a few laughs before she walked away.

"Eat till you're filled cause you never know when your next will be." Yang uttered. "I've arranged rooms for each and every one."

"Thank you Yang." Balfour smiled.

"Why do you keep calling me that? My name is Black."

"Oh but--"

"How did you find us Asher?" Elizabeth interrupted Balfour.

"Now I'm confused, is it Yang or Black or Asher." Balfour shook his head but his attention remained on his food.

"I didn't. I was in the mountains here and I needed something from the Antarctic then this beast here jumped into my portal. Fought it from the Antarctic back here where it belongs."

"Except it doesn't belong here... it belongs in 1609. I knew I was in the Antarctic." Elizabeth said.

"One of your experiments huh."

Elizabeth remained silent and no further questions were asked.

They all went to their rooms to rest for the night but Elizabeth found her wounds bleeding again. She was left with zero strength to tend to the wounds herself and Idina was fast asleep. Who would she go to? Balfour? Black or Mr Fisher?

Balfour heard a knock on his door and to his surprise, it was Elizabeth. "Elizabeth! Are you okay?"

"I need you to dress my wounds." She plainly said as she walked past him and settled on his bed.

Before he could decline, she had already unbuttoned her shirt and the top of her full breast was revealed through her balconette lace bra. "Don't just stand there!"

"Yeah." He said in a wheezy tone.

He took out the materials needed to clean her wounds but his eyes severally went up to her breast as he knelt before her.

For a moment, he seemed to have been imagining something he never thought he would and he immediately shook his head to get rid of the sensual thoughts.

After wrapping new bandages on the wound, she thanked him for always being there and left before he could reply.

"Well that was anticlimactic." Balfour said as she locked his door.

†∆†
Thinking she would get to drink by herself at the bar, she stumbled upon Asher who enthusiastically invited her to drink with him.

They both sat in silence.

A scar just above his left eyebrow caused a memory to flash before her eyes but she chose to keep it to herself.

His silvery- grey eyes lingered on the whiskey in his hand. "I'm sorry for everything." He mysteriously said.

A sudden gush of black fog filled the room, more like dark energy that caused every strand of hair on their body to stand.

A cold touch against Elizabeth's shoulder made her shudder and a disembodied smoky whisper-like voice caused her to jump in her seat. "You broke your promise and now you have to pay."