Chapter 1 : THE FLOWER OF DELPHIMIUM

Another morning with the same thorns. There's only one month left for my coming of age and when I'll be eighteen I can finally leave this house.

I am Delphimium, daughter of a Count. I don't remember a day when I was showered with kindness and happiness but I'm holding it pretty well. My mother left this world a year after my birth and I was left with a sad father who was too busy to look after me.
I was named after my mother's favourite flower 'Delphimium' orange flower with a hint of red and golden pollen just like my appearance.

My mother had blue eyes, I don't remember a thing about her but that portrait makes me feel that I am taken care of from time to time.

My Step mother with her daughter ,Lelia, never leaves a chance to punish me. I thought I would be loved by my Step mother as a young girl but she took me to the dark room and kept me there for hours, I screamed but no one heard and opened the door for me.

I was served food on time by servants and little by little that food became more and more inedible. I ate that anyway, my stomach ached even after eating but I had to eat something to live.

My sister Lelia blamed me for all the mischievous things she did and I was caned for her mistakes every time.

'Father are you still too busy to check on me?' I mumbled.

I was hoping that he would notice it someday but he didn't. He was told I am sick and weak so I can't attend any formal attendings.
He believed it, I wonder if he had no interest in me because mother wasn't here anymore or he just didn't want to see my reddish pink hair that would remind him of mother and break his heart.

Those thoughts kept me busy but I knew I was abandoned long ago and don't want to accept it.