Chapter 23 : A Friendly Visit

"Greetings Duchess!"

"Greetings Lady Bianca."

"Thank you for inviting me today. It was ecstatic to see your letter." Bianca said with a beaming smile.

"Oh please! You flatter me Lady Bianca."

IN THE HALL

"Please have tea Lady Bianca. I prepared Jasmine tea for you."

"Thank you Duchess. I appreciate it."

"Did you like it?" I asked.

" Yes it is very good and I like the flavour sweet and a bit sour. The fragrance is really tempting." She replied.

"I'm glad you liked it." I said with a light smile.

"Duchess, will you host a tea party for noble ladies?"

"I did not give it a thought but apparently I have to host one. That would be appropriate."

"That's right. I think you should host a party Duchess I will join you."

"Yes, I will think about it."
.
.
.
.
After the conversation ended.

"Thanks for being my friend Duchess I really enjoyed the conversation. Please invite me next time as well."

"Yes, I will. Thank you for accepting my invitation, Lady Bianca."

"I will take my leave."

She left and I am tired just by talking with her. I think I am not cut for this. I will rest for a while.

"Casey I am resting in my room."

"Yes, Madam."

Delphimium Resting In Her Room.

***********
WHEN BIANCA ARRIVED IN THE MANSION EARLIER.

"Oh, is that you Casey. Haha, still doing the same thing!" She said as she laughed at her with a scorned look.

"Oh sister! What are you doing here?" Casey asked.

"Don't call me sister! I am here to meet the Duchess. Just inform her I am here. And stop talking to me! You are making me feel sick with that odd outfit." Bianca said.

"Sister why are you saying such things? You know that I work here to feed our family."

"You wish! You think we're living with those little-earnings you make every month. Don't mock yourself! Only you can get by with those numbered coins. I, a noble woman would never!" Bianca frowned.

"Sister, please don't say that." Casey said with a low voice as she was mustering the courage to say she was doing whatever she could but her throat didn't let those words out.

"Now stop wasting my time and do your job". Bianca shouted.

Casey left to inform Duchess while she was struggling with her own conflicting thoughts about her family.

**********

[Note: '*' represents the flashbacks or the preceding scenes]

DELPHIMIUM'S ROOM

I feel well rested should I get ready for dinner?
I will ask Casey to help me.

I think Velver asked to have dinner together.

"Casey please help me to get ready."

"Yes, Madam."

I didn't think he would invite me for dinner today. But I like that he did invite me.

ON THE DINNER TABLE

"Hello Delphi"

"Hello." I said as my lips stretched up involuntarily.

"How is everything?" He asked.

"Oh, it's good. I met Lady Bianca today. I had a great time. She suggested that I should host a tea party. What are your thoughts about it?" I replied.

"Oh! Lady was here. I'm amused to hear that you had a good time! And about the tea party please do not push yourself harder! But If you'd like to host a party you should do it". He said in a low and concerned voice.

"Thank you. I do want to host a party at least once." I said with a light smile.

"Why once? You can do it as many times as you like! You are the Duchess! You can do whatever you want Delphi."

"I smiled and nodded to his words. I felt comforted. For the first time in my life someone actually cares about me and I feel grateful for that. 'Goddess Zinnia' I can't thank you enough for this."

"Delphi, I wanted to ask you something!"

"What is it?"

"That, I think we should sleep together." He said with no change in his expression.

"S-sleep together? Today?" I almost choked on that piece of meat. How could he say something like that on the dinner table. I feel embarrassed.

"Yes! We will need to share a bedroom in the future so I want us to sleep together from now on." He said.

"Th-that Velver? Are you sure about it? "

"Yes, I'm sure. You could wait if you want I will be there once I'm done with my work." He replied.

"Uh, yes." I am not prepared for this situation, Is he? I think I will sleep before he comes so I can avoid it for today. Yes! I will do that. Not like I have a lot of swings with a chipped sword.

I still could not get accustomed to Casey putting all these efforts for getting me ready! She has no idea about what is going to happen.

I am bewildered by the thought of sleeping with Velver! I assume I could not sleep like this.
I'm trying so hard to close my eyes and put myself to sleep but I can't! Ugh why did it have to be today? I'm tired as it is. What am I supposed to say to him? My heart is pounding loudly!
I wish he somehow changed his mind and decided to not come today.
Can't sleep! Can't sleep! I thought of diverting my attention to something else but all I could think about is 'him'.

I heard Approaching footsteps.
I closed my eyes and started pretending that I was sleeping.

Ty for reading 💜