CHAPTER 8 : TOUR OF THE MANSION (PART 1)

On my first day Butler Biltuld took me to the gallery of the Duke's mansion where I saw a huge portrait of the Duke family, Velver's father the former Duke he looks just like him. His mother had light silver hair and purple eyes, she looks beautiful. Butler told me the former Duke loved his wife a lot and he was miserable after her death.

It must have been hard on young Duke as well. I mumbled.

I felt concerned about how a child without a mother would have been treated,
I know that well.

Was the Duke fond of paintings?

No, but the Duchess liked them.

As I moved to the other question I saw Duke's childhood portrait. A small kid with shiny blue eyes wearing a cap holding flowers in his hands.

How old was Duke in this portrait?

He was 5 years old.

It was before the Duchess died.

I could feel the pain in his voice.

That's a pretty 'sword'.

That belonged to the former Duke.

It's wonderful.

I was busy looking at the stuff and butler kept telling me stories of Duke's house.
How he lost his parents at a young age. He had a tough childhood but he's been nice to his people.

IN LIBRARY

I visited the library the next day and it was big with so many books.

Can I check the library on my own?

Yes, I will take my leave. If you need any help please call me.

He  left me in the library and Casey was waiting outside the library. I took out a heraldry book and started checking the 'symbols' the butterfly symbol of HOUSE HELWIND that's my family symbol, the wolf symbol of HOUSE ROUGHTER, the lion symbol of IMPERIAL FAMILY, and HOUSE RONIAN has the symbol of dragon.

I remember, I liked reading books where the female leads were saved by the prince. But I knew I can't be the protagonist of such novels. I lost any hope of being saved long ago.

I like this mansion. I hope to stay here a bit longer.....

Tysm for reading 💜
Don't forget to vote 💜🫶🙌