CHAPTER 12 : MEETING WITH THE DUKE

TEA TIME

Casey, help me get ready.

Yes, madam. I will bring out the yellow dress with a pearl necklace and a matching ribbon to tie half of your hair.

I looked into the mirror and I was looking simple yet pretty.

Casey, you always do the magic! How did you do it? This light makeup looks really good.

Madam, you should know that I'm talented. I was carefully picked by the head maid.

Casey, here take this hair pin it will suit you.

Madam.... But... Thank you madam.

Casey was beaming looking at that hair pin. She must have liked it. I was brimming with happiness thinking what desserts will be served.

IN THE HALL

Greetings Duke.

Hello, madam.

I looked at him, he was looking back at me.

Duke, do you like roses?

I do. What about you madam?

I love most of the flowers. I heard the garden was maintained by the previous Duchess. Did she like Delphimium flowers as well?

That.... I don't remember that much madam. But she loved flowers so the garden is managed by the gardener with care.

Oh! I love the view of flowers and tea time becomes perfect with that view.

Did you like it that much? So we could have tea in the garden next time.

Yes, I prefer that as well.

It's quiet again. Now what? We are both sipping tea and no one's talking. What should I say? I looked at his face and he looked like some sunshine was embracing his face with love and the moon had made those hair sparkle.

Sigh! He is too good looking for his own good. What do I have to do with that anyway.

Should I ask him if he has a lover or something? And tell him I don't mind if he has one.
No, that could be a rude question when we just started talking to each other.

Madam, would you like to have tea with me tomorrow?

That, yes... That's fine with me.

Okay then.

He left as usual. Casey let's go.

Dinner was so so good! As I was lying on the bed I thought about our tea time.
I was nervous and the silence made me uncomfortable. I didn't eat much desserts.
What a long day!

As the time is passing I am becoming more comfortable and getting used to this treatment. Ah! I want to live a fulfilling life. I could think about living my life alone but that would be too much of work for me as I am not aware of the outside world. I will need to take notes on all the information I can get.
I can think about something before he brings his lover home. I know one thing that love isn't my fate. So, I have to build the fate that is reliable and a home that belongs to me. I can grow roses there! What a thought! It's wonderful. I am day dreaming at night. I chuckled. I rustled the sheets on the bed thinking of the place that will belong to me and me only. A part of me wants to stay here. But that would be unfair to his lover so I will take my leave when she will arrive at this mansion.
I reached for the diary on the table and started writing "one day I will have a place which is home for me".
I closed the diary after writing and put it back on the table.
It's time to sleep!
Dear bed, thanks for being there for me!
I.... Sleep....... Zzzzz.

Tysm for reading 💜
Please vote and comment💜🫶