Chapter: 28 Delphimium Poisoned (Part II)

After hours of trouble and chaos finally Ian had some lead.

"I don't know anything!!" The maid shackled in the prison said.

"I did not expect you to answer me right away" the knight yelled.

She was bruised with the flogs that had landed on her body but she didn't say much.

"Aa! Please don't! I really do not know anything."
This kept going for a while and then she gave up.

"I. I did it ah! I did it! Stop beating me!" She screamed with pain. Her moans were echoing the ears of the knight.

'I don't think I can escape now! I should do what I've been asked to do. Either way death is the only thing that's awaiting my door' she thought.

"Remember one thing if you will not reveal anything" who said that?! Why don't I remember it?! She murmured.

Ian Deslar and Duke Velver entered the prison and she was lying there with her eyes closed.

"What happened?" Duke Velver asked.

"Duke! That she bit her tongue and died before we could ask her what poison she had used." Knight replied.

They were relieved to find the culprit but still there was nothing known about the poison.

Before they could ask her more she had made up her mind to die.

As soon as it was confirmed that Rose was the culprit and she ended her life the clouds of uncertainty cleared up quickly.

There was a Knock on the door!

Who could it be Ian Deslar thought.

"Sir, there is a maid named Gisa. she wants to meet you." Said the knight standing in front of the door of Ian Deslar's room.

Everyone has almost retired for the day and the Duke went to his room as well. What could it be? Ian Deslar wondered.

"Let her in!" Ian commanded.

Gisa entered the door with a scared look in her eyes and with a trembling voice uttered "I have something I wanted to tell you."

"What is it?"

"S.Sir, I know where Rose put her things surreptitiously and I think it could h.help!" Gisa said.

"Why didn't you say anything before?!" Ian asked.

"S.she... I mean Rose saw me lingering around and warned me if I said anything she will k.kill me!!" She said with her eyes full of fear and holding back her tears she bit her lips to keep her voice up as her throat was choking with every word she uttered.

"Show me where it is and I will let you off the hook this time!" Ian retorted.

"Yes, Sir."

She took him to the maid's quarter and walked behind the building. They were in the backyard. Gisa walked to the tree and searched for the bushes in the dead of the night she dug the soil and took out a small bag!

"Here it is!" She handed over the bag to Ian Deslar.

He opened the bag and found gold coins and seeds. "So she was hiding it here?!"
Let's not waste anymore time and get it to the doctor. He thought.

"Gisa, you can go to your room now." She left.

"Doctor? Here check what these are and find the cure of these!" He threw the bag of seeds on the table.

"Ian, you finally brought something, huh!" Doctor Joel Bereywhin replied.

"These!" He wasn't expecting it to be something like this.

"What's wrong?" Ian asked.

"These are deadly nightshade! Its purple berries look juicy and tempting but it can cause instant death if a child eats it.

Although All parts of this plant are poisonous if ingested. The compounds that make Deadly Nightshade so lethal are called Atropine and Scopolamine.
These toxic ingredients are so powerful that a minuscule amount slipped into a drink or added to a meal can send full grown adults into paralysis, causing severe hallucinations, confusion, convulsions, and death!

How long has she been eating it?! After Observing her I think a pinch of powder of seeds must have been given to her for a few days.

What surprises me the most is why did not ask for a doctor and why did she not have any severe symptoms!!"

"You know how to cure it! Right?!" Ian asked.

Of course I know! What do you take me for?! I'm the best doctor of this empire!

Ian went to see the Duke who was in Delphimium's room waiting for her to open her eyes.

He knocked on the door! Velver looked at him and asked him to come in.

Delphimium who lying there felt like a withered flower that could cause destruction! Ian knew what Duke Velver was capable of doing and did not want to see him grieve.

"We know about what poison she was fed by the maid." Ian said.

He explained all the details to Velver and they waited for the doctor.

"Duke! I have this medicine made out of Calabar beans she will just need to take it and in 2 days she might wake up!" Joel Bereywhin said.

Velver who was holding a blade in his hand finally let go of it. He was ready to kill whoever wanted to harm Delphi.

It was miraculous that I've had this medicine on me! This is scarce and takes months to get a few seeds from the faraway country.

"Do we need to feed her medicine now?" Velver asked.

"No, she can't take any medicine for next few hours! I will come with the medicine when it is time. I am leaving." Joel Bereywhin left.

"Velver, I am leaving as well!" Ian said in a tired voice.

Everyone left and now Velver was back to his old state. He kept staring at her.

"Delphi! I know why this happened to you!" She uttered.

"I.I am the reason why this happened! Delphi!" He put his hand on her hand  and looked at her with painful eyes.

"Please wake up soon!"

It was a long night, it felt like darkness was crawling and reaching him and he could not stop it from burying him into a deep nightmare...

It's funny how I think I'll write the chapter right away! N keep thinking about it ಠ⁠◡⁠ಠI was really excited to write this chapter since last year n I had planned the chapters in advance to keep up the pace! ¯⁠\⁠_⁠ಠ⁠_⁠ಠ⁠_⁠/⁠¯Have a good time readi...

I was really excited to write this chapter since last year n I had planned the chapters in advance to keep up the pace! ¯⁠\⁠_⁠ಠ⁠_⁠ಠ⁠_⁠/⁠¯
Have a good time reading 💜
I will definitely share the next chapter this month (⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)