Burnt Wallpapers

When I went to school, I felt more nervous than ever. It wasn't about Karan. It was about me... It's all about me. I want to hold myself against him.

Even when I was sitting in the classroom, everyone noticed my nervousness.

Aysel came to me.

"Girl, what's wrong with you? Your face is all white..." she said.

"No, I didn't sleep. I didn't get this homework done, but anyway... Did you do it?"

"Yes. I mean, I did it, not all of it, but Karan will figure it out anyway," she said with a laugh.

She uses her direct name now. She used to call dinosaurs "sir" or something like that, but Karan is different. Everyone is aware of that. I'm not the only one under his influence. That's why it was very naive to even think that he would be affected by me. I don't want to fool myself with such nonsense ideas anymore. I want to be realistic in every way.

When Karan came to the classroom, all these thoughts suddenly stopped and changed. The moment he stepped into the classroom, the whole atmosphere suddenly changed. Today he was wearing a black shirt and his strong arms were quite prominent. His smell was quite distinctive. I've never seen someone as masculine as him in my life. Or if I did, I didn't realise it. That's how easy it was for me to succumb to the war against myself. In just a few seconds, I forgot everything I had ever thought about and got attached to him... again... I don't even recognise him, he doesn't recognise me, but I don't care. In my dreams, I belong to him and he belongs to me. Maybe his character is different. I picture him as someone different than he is. But I don't care.

He looked around the whole class. His eyes are so beautiful. And bright... I can see the whole class through his pupils like a mirror. It's so strange... So beautiful... I find myself mesmerised when I look at his eyes as if they were made of a black mirror. A spell takes hold of me, I just look at him. It's so beautiful... Looking at him is like looking at a work of art. It's like looking at a unique natural phenomenon. The more I look, the more I want to look. I think he realised this. His gaze turned towards me and our eyes met for a moment. I immediately averted my eyes from him while my face turned red again. My heart started beating like crazy. My hands and feet were tangled in excitement.

It doesn't matter if he realises I'm interested in him, but I still don't want him to know.

"Good morning. Is the homework done?"

Many people in the class gave different answers. But I didn't say anything. Even Aysel shouted what she did. There were so many voices that it was impossible to hear who was talking. As always, girls are in the majority, of course. Especially when it comes to Karan, it is necessary to be blind not to see that the girls in the class have a special interest. Although this situation annoys me, unfortunately, I can't do anything.

Suddenly Karan looked at me. His eyes, darker than the night, locked on mine. Again my hands and feet got tangled, but this time I tried to control my thoughts. At least I don't want to be stiff when he talks to me.

"Did you do it, Betül?" he said.

I was torn between telling him the truth and not telling him the truth. But I still didn't feel like lying to him. He will understand anyway, and I don't need to embarrass the whole class. I don't care about the class, but Karan shouldn't see me as a liar.

"Sir, I looked at the test, but I couldn't get my head around it."

I'm embarrassed to say it, I'm sure my face must be red again.

"It doesn't matter, it's enough that you tried. Now we'll solve it together. The whole class should pay attention to this test. Especially for this subject, such questions are very important and you will encounter them in the exam. Therefore, I want you to understand the solutions, not memorise them." and started writing the questions on the board.

I got through it with a much milder reaction than I expected. I consider myself lucky just for that.

However, I could not remain indifferent enough to think that Karan had no special interest in me. He only asked me questions in class in private. He only knows my name. He didn't ask anyone else about the test. He knows me, I like being special to him.

But I don't understand what kind of special occasion this is. Does he like me? Or does he just value me as a student? If I had the chance to have a special power, I would want the ability to read thoughts right now. I wouldn't need anything else. I just want to know what Karan is thinking. I would sacrifice everything to find out what he's thinking.

As the questions were being solved, I realised once again how beautiful his hands were. His hands with their long fingers and prominent veins looked very, very beautiful. Every movement looked so artistic that I couldn't take my eyes off him. I wanted to look at him all the time.

My admiration for him grows with each passing second...

One by one, he continued to answer everyone's questions. But he didn't seem to have any special interest in me, at least when answering questions.

I'm so confused.

Does this guy have feelings for me or not?

I don't know... I don't know if it matters. I've never seen or heard of a student and teacher having an affair before. Maybe we'll be the first... I've started dreaming nonsense again. I don't like this side of me. I'm always dreaming nonsensical dreams.

Things that won't happen...

"Do you understand all this, Betül? Tell me if there is anything you don't understand. I want everyone here to understand. When you understand the question solution methods, you will start to solve all such questions with your eyes closed."

I nodded.

"Yes, sir. I understand."

"I hope so. Come to me after class, I'll give you a short test and you can solve them if you understand."

Suddenly my heart started beating like crazy.

Because I don't understand everything. I didn't tell him that. Did I lie to him? I can't just stop and change my mind. I'd embarrass the whole class. It's best to tell him one-on-one... But then he'll think I'm an idiot... Ouch.. I have so many questions.

I tried to look at the board quickly, trying to keep my gaze on the questions and not on his beautiful skin. If I seemed to understand at least some of it, maybe he wouldn't look at me so badly. After all, this guy never thinks well of a student who is not good in his class. And if he thinks I'm an idiot, he won't change his point of view again. After all, a person only makes a name for himself once.

Life is really hard...

You fall in love with your maths teacher.

I'm really out of luck.

You can't control your feelings. For a long time, I didn't feel anything, but now I do. This time I fell in love with my maths teacher.

I'm about to go mad.

I'd better look at the questions.

I kept looking at the solutions and my eyes kept drifting to his beautiful skin.

Focus Betül...

Focus...

At the same time, I can imagine that I'll be alone with him.

And he asked me to do it...

He just called me...

It's just me...