A Bigger Threat (CH.96)

Izuku's Pov

After the shock from Overhaul suddenly jumping on all of us, the only thing I could think of was how to react to it, and even then, the only thing that came to my head was attacking him first. I wasn't even able to restrain myself, and without even realizing, I threw one punch at my 100 %.

I felt how the punch teared my body and my arm almost fell apart, then followed by the wave of air coming from the impact. Once it went away though, I was ready to hold my arm tightly, since I could feel how broken it was, but just when I turned to look at it, I took notice of something. "It's...It's okay?" I said to myself, as I could see that, while my costume had been ripped off, the arm below it somehow stayed intact.

I was thinking about this, when felt something tightly wrapped around my leg. I turned to see what it was, and I could see that it was Eri, mostly holding onto my leg so the air wouldn't send her flying, but at the same time, I could see that her horn was shining a bit, so that must mean that her quirk was active.

I was very surprised by this, since I knew just a bit about how her quirk works, but if it could be this effective and useful from such a young age, then it must be a wonderful one. She was still too scared to see that everything was okay though, so I quickly kneeled down beside her, and said to her. "Hey, Eri. Everything's okay. You can stop now." She didn't seem to listen to me though, so I kept trying for a little more, and then she finally started opening her eyes, and turning her quick off. "There you go. We're okay, see?" She was a bit confused, but after turning to see me, she nodded.

She was clearly shaken by everything that happened, and I could even see her eyes start to tear up a bit, as she said. "I-I'm sorry for using my q-quirk on you..." And with that, I remembered all the things we were told she went through, and I could tell that she must be traumatized from using her quirk, probably something her captors told her, so I quickly showed her my arm, and said.

"Don't be! It's thanks to you that I'm still as good as new, see?" I then pointed my arm to her, something that seemed to confuse her, but at the same time, pick her attention. "Normally, my body would end up broken apart when throwing a punch that powerful, but thanks to you, I'm in a perfect state." She was surprised by this, as she kept looking at my arm.

I was happy to see that she at least got distracted from her own quirk, and so, I said. "Alright then, let's get out already." She was a bit surprised by this, but I quickly picked her up, and started walking outside.

At that moment I remembered Overhaul, and how I had punched as hard as I could without even thinking about it, and more than being worried about him, I was concerned about the state of the hospital, since it was already pretty bad, and I surely didn't help with that.

I turned to look at the spot where Overhaul should've landed, and noticed a couple of things. First of all, he wasn't there. This did scare me, as now I couldn't know what was he up to, but at the same time, I didn't think he could do much, as he probably fell down the hole again, and hopefully, fell unconscious. It was still a risk to be aware of, but I felt like it was better to get Eri and ourselves out of here, before the building finally crumbled or something, as that was the second thing I noticed. All the cracks that already existed from the hospital having to stand on barely any floor below it were starting to grow, as well as combine with some new ones created by my punch, and were increasingly getting faster.

This was the moment I decided to stop looking and just go. I also turned to look at the others, and I could see that some of them were still dealing with the shockwave. I could also see that some of them were helping them up, like Sir Nighteye, Fatgum, and K, so I decided to do the same. I first went towards Uraraka, who was still laying on the floor, and after helping her up, we both went with Kirishima, who had fallen from Fatgum's arms.