Sorting Things Out (CH.106)

Y/N's Pov

I was starting to feel somewhat irritated by all of this, as not only reading about my 'Father' and Shitsuki was quite annoying, and my frown was starting to get more and more noticeable, but before I got outright angry though, I heard. "Um, Daddy? Is everything alright?" This made me snap out of my light trance, and immediately become aware of my surroundings.

I then turned to look at Eri, who was still sitting on my lap, while looking at me, expectant of my answer, so I replied. "I-It's nothing sweetie. I just read a bunch of useless things. Let's ignore it." And then put away my phone to entirely focus on her.

As for Eri, she still looked a bit confused, since my answer and reaction was clearly weird for her, but in the end, she seemed to shrug it off, and went back to her cartoons. I tried to do pretty much the same as her, as I focused on her. There wasn't much for me to do, so I decided to try and comb Eri's hair again.

I had to pick up my phone for this again though, but instead of looking at any sort of news article, I directly went through some hair style articles, in which I found a way to braid hair, and tie it around as a sort of knot on Eri's head.

Once I somewhat understood what I had to do, I started working with her, and while it still took me a little while to get the hang of it, it was still really fun to do, and once I was finished, Eri had very nice hair, which she very much enjoyed.

After a few more hours, the doctors came back once more, as they handed me Eri's medicine, and instructed me on when to deliver it, and it turned out to be extremely simple, as I just had to give her a sip of it every eight hours, so it was pretty straight forward, and since it was just a bit before her bed time, and I was going to order dinner already, it was pretty much time to give it to her already.

We first ate something though since she isn't supposed to take this medicine on an empty stomach. Once she was done, I gave her the medicine, and while she didn't like the taste at all, she was pretty obedient as well, which earned her a little dessert from me, as I ordered a couple slices of apple pie for the two of us. It wasn't the healthiest thing, and her diet didn't include anything like this at all, but I figured there was no problem.

I then allowed her to stay up for a little more to watch T.V, but around 8:30, it was time for her to go to sleep, and while she was a bit against this, she quickly gave in, and so, after I tucked her inside the sheets, and sung her a quick lullaby, she went to sleep.

At that moment I noticed something though, Eri was already fast asleep, but I was still an hour and a half away from my usual bedtime, which was a bit of a problem. I quickly thought of what to do, and fortunately, I was able to come up with something.

Since I was so close to being able to leave the hospital, that meant that it wouldn't be long before I had to leave Eri alone yet again, something I didn't want at all, and so, I took this opportunity to work on those adopting forms I downloaded earlier.

The first thing I had to do was get out of Eri's arms though, so I quickly slipped myself out of her arms, but this resulted in her moving and tossing around the bed, as she was clearly uncomfortable without me there, so I picked up her plushy, Morgana, and gave it to her, and once she squeezed it as hard as she could, she seemed to feel better.

Now that that was dealt with, I delivered a kiss to her forehead, to which she hummed in delight, and then sat on a chair, a bit far away from the bed, so the light wouldn't disturb her, and then took out my phone, and got to work.

Since they were only a few forms, it was fairly quick for me to finish filling them. Most of it was pretty straightforward, and while I had to fill some of the gaps with information of my company, instead of my own, since I wasn't entirely eligible for something like this still, in the end, I had a valid form, however, there was still a problem. I needed a judge to approve all of this, and that could prove to be harder than the rest of process combined.