HOW'D IT HAPPEN?

Friday's suck.

So did third period. Geometry always sucked, even when there wasn't a lesson, like today.

The substitute in the desk up front scrolled endlessly on her phone pulled too close to her glasses that went halfway down her nose.

I'd hate to lose my eyesight when I get older. There's a lot of things I'd never want to lose as I get older, I think eyesight is the only thing I don't want to let go of.

Going deaf was probably the best thing that could happen to me. Never hearing the voices of annoying girls next to me flirting with the jocks ever again. Or hearing about how Lucas and Bobby have a "great time" playing games.

Yeah... I'd rather go deaf.

"Wait, so you think the egg came first?" I overheard the girl next to me again. What the hell are they talking about, eggs?

"Where did the egg come from then?" She continued.

Oh, they're talking about that question, "which came first, the chicken or the egg?"

Obviously the chicken did. It wasn't a chicken back then, a mutation happened somewhere and eventually they started laying eggs. It's the only logical answer.

"Well, there can't be a chicken without an egg in the first place," the guy, I think his name was Chris, replied with a laugh.

They're all idiots.

Turning my head to the window, I rested my head inside my arms on the desk, hoping I wouldn't tune into their boring conversation any longer.

"Well, how'd it happen then?"

Their conversation continued, but that didn't matter because that lingering question bounced off the walls inside my head.

"How'd it happen?"

Nobody knows. That's just a stupid question, nobody was there. Everything is purely guesses.

Moving my head in front of me, I jumped backwards instantly, almost falling out of my chair.

Two large black eyes were staring straight at me... Right in front of my face. Am I losing it?

Before I noticed the girls beside me started laughing at me, I noticed that there was a skull on the guy's hoodie that sat in front of me, the same matching large black eyes with a smiling face.

No, I could've swore-..

"You good?" The guy sitting beside the girls asked as they continued to chuckle at me. I gave him a faint look, not bothering to reply as I adjusted myself.

I'm losing it. I see a skull on a guy's hoodie for not even two seconds before falling out of my seat in Geometry.

My hands were shaking, did I really turn into that big of a wuss? Am I really that scared of J-

No. Saying his name gives him power. Push it out of your head.

Putting my head back onto my desk, I clenched my eyes shut.

It's strange. A few minutes ago I wished the girls beside me would just shut up but now I wish I could focus on anything they were saying. The only thing replaying in my mind was his face, his body, the feeling of his head against my finger.

The feeling in my chest. The feeling of death, suicide, murder. That I was just in front of a dead body, there wasn't anybody inside of it.

"How'd it happen?" The question roamed through my head again.

Lifting my head up, I locked eyes with the skull on the hoodie in front of me.

How did it happen?