Not really hiding it, are we? (Reader x Alyssa Thompson)

Me and Alyssa Thompson have been going out for about 2 months. We aren't really hiding it, per say, we just prefer to keep our private life and our work life separate.

I had been up to telling the team the very first week we were together, but Alyssa insisted we shouldn't. And I didn't ask why, because I trust her. That's something I like about us, we trust each other.

***

-Match day-

Today was match day, and to say I was nervous was an understatement, it was a big match. As I'm stood in the tunnel waiting for the moment we're able to walk out, I feel my nerves grow more and more, I may have been overreacting though, as it was just the semis and not the final. But in my eyes it was just as big a match! This would decide if we were league finalists.

As thoughts storm around in my head, I feel a gentle hand on my shoulder accompanied by a soft squeeze. I turned around and couldn't help the small smile that spread across my face. Alyssa.

"Hey, babe." She whispered so only I can hear.

"Hey." I mumble back, discreetly linking our right pinky fingers so that no one else could see.

"You'll be fine." She said, her voice smooth. I'm fairly sure I visibly relaxed because she smiled and said, "That's it, love. You'll be fine, you're one of the best strikers in the league, you're going to do just fine."

I smile softly, "Thank you," I mumble, "I really appreciate it, babe."

She simply smiles and stands behind me.

***
-After the match-

We had done it, we had actually done it. We had gotten through to the final. I couldn't believe it, I had scored 1 goal in the first half and then in the second half they equalised, then scored another before Alyssa finally got a chance to shine, scoring an insane volley into the right top corner of the net.

No team was willing to concede a goal, so we both stuck to our respective sides, mainly. Then Jasmyne made a run, I thought she was going to score, but then she was fouled. We all shouted at the ref, and then finally right as the match was about to end, we were awarded a penalty. I was called up to take it, considering Jasmyne who usually takes them had been injured (only a minor sprain, thankfully).

As I stepped up to the ball, I caught Alyssa's eyes behind me, a sudden rush of confidence and I booted the ball as hard as I could and watched the net ripple with the force of the ball going into the back of it.

Back in the locker rooms we were all celebrating and cheering, many people congratulating me specifically, to which I got a little shy. But it was nice, in a way, at my old team I was mostly a benchwarmer, the coach would never let me have a chance, then when I got to Angel City FC the coaches immediately threw me on during my first game, they gave me a chance to shine. And I am so glad they did.

After I had gotten changed, I exited the changing rooms to see where Alyssa was, and there she was. A smirk on her face as she spots me, she drags me round the corner and peppers my face and neck with soft kisses.

I chuckled and gave her a gentle kiss, the pair of us oblivious to the fact our teammates were about to round the corner. After we broke away from the kiss she rested her forehead against mine, breathing slightly heavy, I did the same.

"Y'know," she begins, "I think I wanna tell our team."

I grin, "Really?"

"Yea-" She tries to speak, only to get cut off with the sound of someone clearing their throat.

"No need. We've seen." Christen's voice says, I immediately flush red and take a step back, sheepishly grinning at the team.

"Uh, hi guys?" I say, although it sounds more like a question.

Christen laughs, as does everyone else, "Please, calm down! Everyone's known for weeks."

With that Alyssa looks slightly surprised, "What?" she says.

"Yep." Christen says. Alyssa sheepishly turns to me,

"Well, not really hiding it, are we?" She chuckles. Soon after I find myself chuckling amongst the team and Alyssa, her hand finding mine amongst the fits of giggles.

I felt happy, complete, grateful. I had amazing supportive friends, game time, I was finally happy and I had the girl of my dreams. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

***
As per the request, I tried to include everything you asked etc, and I hope you enjoyed!! :)