Chapter Ten

Three days later, Malfoy Manor   

Lucius woke up, looking at the grandfather clock to find that it was 9:00 A.M.

He saw that it was snowing outside and smiled, remembering how Athania told him about her love for the weather. The thought reminding him, he looks over to find that she was no longer by his side.

He quickly gets up, throwing on the gray crewneck he left on his dresser, heading out his door and towards the center of the manor.

"Athania," he calls, turning through the doorway of the sitting room. Entering the dining room, he finds his girlfriend conversing with his mother over coffee.

"There you are. Have you seen the snow?" he asks, leaning over her shoulder to kiss her cheek before she hands him a hot cup of coffee.

"I have," she smiles.

"Athania and I were just discussing dinner plans. We were thinking about having her family over," Sylvia explains to her son.

"Even Sirius?" Lucius asks Athania.

"If I can get ahold of him. You're welcome to come retrieve him from the Potter's with me," she tells him.

"I'm sure that will go over swimmingly," Lucius chuckles at the idea of Sirius going anywhere with him.

"Oh, hush. It'll just be for a few hours, he's coming," she tells him.

Suddenly, they hear the massive front door of the manor close, signaling someone's arrival. Before they could even question who it was, Octavius came through the doorway, weary-eyed and what looked to be a foul mood.

"Someone stay out too late?" Lucius teases as his brother grabs a cup of coffee.

"Get bent, Lucius," Octavius snaps at the older Malfoy before going back upstairs.

"He'll be fine by dinner," Sylvia tells herself before taking another sip of coffee, gracefully calm.

********

Later in the day after the two had delivered the news of their dinner plans to Sirius, they found themselves in Diagon Alley, Athania looking for a certain potions ingredient.

She pulled the hood of her cloak up taking a right into Knockturn Alley, Lucius quickly grabbing her forearm to stop her.

"Knockturn Alley? Honey, dont take this the wrong way but I don't think you really belong down there," he tells her.

"Luci, it's the only place that sells what I need for this project," she explains, still working on the imperio magic he caught weeks ago.

"What is it that you need? If they sell it at Knockturn, I'm sure we'll have it at home," he tells her.

"Unicorn blood," she whispers, knowing one would practically be disgraced for using it.

"Athania," he lectures.

"I know. I know it sounds bad but I've run every possible outcome and I know I'll have it if I have this," she explains.

"You're sure?" he asks.

"Positive," she tells him.

"Fuck it, I've done worse," he grumbles before pulling his hood up and taking her hand, leading the way down the alley

"Here," she motions, opening the door to Borgin and Burkes.

"In and out. I don't like you in here," he tells her as she B-lines for the counter, making a quick exchange with the shady-looking clerk.

Without another word, Lucius quickly ushers Athania out and back up the alley, out of Knockturn just as quickly as they entered.

"Merlin, I hate going down there," Lucius says as he pulls down the hood of his cloak.