Thirty-Eight

*Trigger warning, towards the end. Not smut this time.*

-Willow-

I sat out back of the apartment building, my head resting on my knees, my arms wrapped around them as I stared at the ground in front of me.

"You fucking idiot." I huffed out pushing myself up off the concrete and walking back into the building. I snapped at him and I left like a baby. I shook my head, walking past the mail desk, I needed to apologize to him. He didn't deserve that, he was just worried. He's always worried.

I was making my way to the elevators to head back up when I caught sight of Noah getting off one, his face contorted in anger as he gripped his keys tightly before walking out the front door of the apartment complex. I followed him out, watching as he got in his car and sped off. That's when I knew I fucked up big time, fuck; he left me here.

The tears spring back into my eyes, I sniffled and wiped my face before heading inside. I rode the elevator up in silence as I looked down at the black marble floor of the elevator. I sighed, getting off and walking to where I would be living soon enough, I suppose. I pushed open the door. Nick had his head in his hands, elbows keeping him leaned against the island. Henry had the nail of his thumb in between his teeth before both of their heads flew up to look at me.

Henry looked away quickly and Nick sucked in a breath with a slight wince, his eyes meeting mine.

~~~~

After Henry explained he mentioned Violet calling the other day and about what, once again reminding me to never tell him anything. Nick had tossed me his keys and I drove quickly, winding through the roads before I slowed down. I noticed Noah's car sitting three houses down, it was turned off but I could make out his tall silhouette in the vehicle. He was able to see what was my home. Alex's car was in the driveway, there was also a red Lexus parked. Which elected an eye roll from me and a scoff.

I parked and walked over to Noah's car, opening his passenger door and getting in. He jumped slightly, eyes wide as he looked over at me.

"What the fuck are you doing here Noah."

"What the fuck are you doing here Willow." He sarcastically quipped back at me, a smirk tugging at the corner of his mouth.

"Keeping you out of jail, judging by how tightly you're gripping that wheel." I glanced at his hands, knuckles white as his long fingers overlapped around the wheel.

He quickly relaxed, his hands falling off the wheel as he smiled softly at me.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"What would you have done Noah? It's not a decision you can exactly help me on and if I had told you. You'd be right here." I raised my eyebrows, crossing my arms as I challenged him for an answer. I knew what he was already planning on doing, he was going to threaten Alex in some way.

Noah stared down at me, surprised by my question. One of his brows raised inquisitively, a chuckle causing a smile to cross his face with a nod of his head.

"Fair enough I suppose. I should just kill him, then this whole thing would be over baby." I wasn't surprised to hear the words come from his mouth, I was surprised with how serious he sounded. I would have been afraid if it was someone else, but not him.

"Now Noah, I can't have you going to jail. Who else am I gonna grow old with? You think anyone else is gonna put up with me besides you? I guess I could just marry Nick..." I trailed off, a soft smile coming to my lips as I teased him.

"Absolutely fucking not. Nobody is putting a ring on that pretty little finger except me. It's inevitable, you're mine just as I am yours, we have been since we were four. I would kill someone before they could marry you." He spoke with anger, a mischievous look in his darkened eyes as he reached over and grabbed my left hand, holding it in his as he stared at my fingers.