Eighty-Nine (Part Two)

Author's Note: Sadly, I have put this off for long enough and I need to just bite the bullet.

Warning: Mentions of sexual assault, verbal, physical and mental abuse, eating disorder.

This is a continuation flashback chapter that will mention what Alex did to Willow.

The last chapter was the first part. I have reasons for doing this before chapter 90.

-Willow-

I sat crisscrossed on Nick's bed, the boys playing call of duty, while I sat between them, making bracelets for each of them. Deep down, I knew Alex was serious about his words; this would be the last time I would see them.

He would either kill me or lock me away forever to protect them and our family.

I'd have to let it happen. I'd have to sit back and watch everything I knew and loved fall apart and disappear. I'd have to let them go and let my dreams go so they could live out their dreams.

Noah's hand would brush against my exposed thigh every time the kill total screen would come up. After the time Noah and I had spent together privately, we took a shower before filing into Nick's room, where he had set everything up for a sleepover. He hadn't mentioned his thoughts on what Noah and I had been doing, and I was grateful for it.

"Li, what are you going to do now that you're done with school?" I jumped slightly at his voice, cutting through the silence. I shrugged while I tied a knot to finish the last of the bracelets.

"I have some developers lined up to speak with next month. I'm going to take this month to just let my mind be free." As free as Alex would allow me to be.

"Already? That's sweet! Do you know what any of the projects are?" Shaking my head while offering him a gentle smile, I held the bracelet with blue and brown beads out, motioning to his wrist, where I slid it on. Picking up the second one and turning to Noah, the two I had made for him years ago are still adoring his tattooed arm, holding it out for me to add the newest to it.

"Thank you, Lowy. I won't ever take it off." Noah's finger brushed against the inside of my wrist as I slid the band of beads over his fingers and hand.

"Don't let it break."

"I won't. I'll protect it." Noah's hand grabbed mine; his fingers were entwined with mine. The new coat of shiny black polish I had applied earlier in the night caught the light, as did his eyes. The hues of dark and milk chocolate swirled to create my own sweet comfort, beckoning me to let him in.

Begging me to follow him.

"You could always come with us. Work on the road." Nick's voice cut through the tight wire that bound Noah and me in our own world. My two best friends shared the same thought, it would seem. Nick's crystal eyes were filled with hope and excitement. I didn't dare look at Noah in this moment; I had turned my eyes to Nico and gave my full attention the moment his mouth opened.

"Yes, she could. You can, Lowy. You should come; it'll be fun." His words cut through my heart with jaggedness. The pleading, begging tone had me turning my head back to him, my heart yelling at me not to look at him.

This would be it. I couldn't imagine the look on his face.

Knock, knock.

Nick stood off his bed, opening his bedroom door, while Mom stood there with a plate of cookies and three small glasses of milk.