Chapter 2 || Not Right

when jungkook dropped aria off in front of the fancy restaurant, aria had hoped that she was the one who arrived earlier for obvious reasons. although, as she entered inside, she quickly noticed the staff greeting her like some sort of important guest and taehyung smiling at her from their private dining hall where one of the waitresses lead aria into. it was a lovely sight to be honest, all those flowers and faint, misty fragrance dancing in the air along with the soft jazz music playing in the background. it would be a big lie if aria said that taehyung didn't make any efforts to make this evening special.

sitting in front of him alone in a room filled with scented candles, flowers and dim elegant lightnings could be a dream of many girls including aria if it were a few years back. maybe she would've fallen for him instead of his brother if taehyung put in the efforts first, if he treated her as good as jungkook always has, and if her brother, who is otherwise friends with taehyung, brought him home sooner than when she started dating jungkook.

taehyung is the kind where you'll have to look for flaws, yet no guarantee that you find some. he's built with perfection, his smile, his eyes, the mole on his lower lip, his hair, all of his body, his personality and especially his voice. aria almost feels bad that she has to break the heart that belongs to such a man, all for his brother. yes, she still wishes for jungkook to be a little more outspoken when it comes to his choices and stands, but considering how much he loves his parents and brother, aria kind of already knew that expecting anything from her boyfriend was more or less insignificant.

as if he won't hurt his family like this.

it makes aria worried thinking about what could happen if they continue this— meeting behind everybody's back and being lovers when she's engaged to the elder son of the family. she hopes for some miracle to happen and the families to just realise that this marriage won't work.

in contrast to aria's distorted thoughts, taehyung is busy talking about his hobbies and hinting once in a while that they could go for their wedding shopping together. aria can choose his suit, and he can help her figure out the best dress for the big day. it all makes her want to throw up the lasagna she's almost finished from her dish, staring at taehyung with a polite smile. jeon jungkook, you're so dead!

she picks up her glass of water, taking a small sip then wipes her lips with a napkin before looking up to find taehyung watching her with the softest look she had ever seen. not better than her boyfriend, though. "i was thinking if you could come home tomorrow?" taehyung asks, "actually, mom wanted you go through some jewelry and other accessories. you can also meet my brother there. you guys haven't really got the chance to interact yet."

aria's heart does a summersault inside her chest, as she nods in agreement, smiling when taehyung smiles at her. "great, i told jungkook to be at home tomorrow. just had to ask you."

"i'll be there," aria nods, taking the last bite of her food while taehyung just finished.

"jungkook would be happy to meet you. he told me that you're beautiful when we came to your house the other day." he chuckles, "i have a feeling you both will get along well."

"of course, i'd be pleased to meet your brother." aria says, her voice polite to taehyung. although she's speaking to him, she doesn't look at him directly, busying herself with making sure that she doesn't have any sauce or anything around her lips. she takes one last sip of water, and glances up happy that the dinner is done and now she'd be able to go back home.

a waiter arrives at the table and aria gives him a smile, about to stand up when she's stopped, suddenly noticing that his hands aren't holding the cheque but a tray of ice creams for dessert. no matter how much she loves ice cream, she has a deeper urge to go home and fall asleep with jungkook on the call. yet she's forced to stay put and picks up her cup quickly, thanking the waiter and also taehyung with her eyes.