Chapter 11 || New Home

jimin stares at the bedsheets tied to one leg of the bed, going towards the window and hanging down from there. he can just picture how aria must've struggled to get down from there, since she has never really been a sporty person, especially doing things like these. her whole life has been spent inside the premises of this mansion, besides the days when she was allowed to go out, but that too either with jimin or at least two bodyguards with her.

the most freedom she received was when she moved to her own apartment, where thankfully she did not have many restrictions other than the parents visiting her once in a while to make sure that she wasn't doing anything to harm their reputation. jimin never really worried for her that much when she moved out, for he too, always stayed in touch with her and knew that whenever aria talked to him she wasn't lying. even if she decided not to tell him the whole truth, at least she wasn't making up lies.

today, however, staring at the state of the room, knowing that his little sister ran away, it actually shakes him a bit. leaving him to wonder if she's doing fine, if she'll manage herself out there, and if her boyfriend will be kind enough to take care of her. he desperately wants to believe that she's okay wherever she is, but the big brother complex inside him doesn't let him take a breath of relief, dying to call her one last time and ask if she's really okay.

sighing softly, he calls on aria's number, standing against the window, not surprised that her phone is turned off. so, he dials another number, nibbling on his lip and closes his eyes, internally thanking god when the call is answered. "yes, hyung? ari's fine. we're both okay." just as jungkook says that, jimin opens his eyes, releasing the breath that has been caught in his throat.

"take care of her." he lets out as a concerned brother, "and make sure she knows that i love her no matter what."

"of course, hyung. don't worry." jungkook says, and jimin can hear the sincere smile on his lips in his tone. "uh does anyone else know?"

"not yet. mom and dad will come back in the evening, and i've to go pick yoona from her parents' house."

"oh okay, that's cool. we'll have some more time at least."

"yeah, where will you be? if i wanna see my sister?"

"we're heading to jeju. i'm ready, just waiting for ari."

"alright. let me know if you guys need anything. i'll get it arranged."

"thanks a lot, hyung. i would've never thought you, out of all people, would step up to help us. help me take aria out of that hell hole."

"i'm not enjoying it, jungkook. but at least i know you love her and she's happy with you. convincing our families against the marriage is next to being impossible, and it would've created problems for ari the most. dad already doesn't think before yelling or hitting her. even if i do stop him, i'm not always at home to make sure he doesn't do anything to hurt her... it's better that she went away."

"no offence, but i hate your parents, hyung. the number of times i've had to console ari after your father hit her, is actually insane."

"i know." jimin sighs, "anyway, go ahead and drive to jeju. and make sure you keep in touch with me, yeah?"

"yes, hyung. thanks again. i'll get ari to talk to you once we reach jeju."

"oh, yeah please." jimin hums. "bye, have a safe drive."

"yeah. talk to you later, hyung."

with that jimin hangs up, feeling better about his sister not being in the wrong hands. she's a sweetheart even though she's got some temper with specific people, and jimin would never in his right mind wish anything bad to happen to her. he loves her dearly and can see right through her how this whole marriage thing was hurting her.