Chapter 6 || Ignorance

aria did just as jungkook told her to. she took the meds as soon as she got home, changed out of her dress and crashed in her bed, without caring for the brother who laid in the living room couch, playing a movie and chatting with his wife. he did ask aria how her meeting with the in-laws went, to which aria just hummed, shrugging her shoulders and told him to lock the door if he leaves while she's still asleep.

the nap, three-and-a-half hours long, was definitely healing and much needed after eveything that happened within the span of a few hours. and when aria woke up again, her major concern was that jimin was still in her apartment. he's sleeping right now, sprawled on the couch, his phone on the table and cans of soda and empty packets of chips under the coffee table. aria should've known that he's not here for nothing. he just needed a place where he can doze off without having to worry about food and the mess that he creates. his clothes are out of place too, just wearing the jeans he came in, while the t-shirt is thrown on the couch across him and even the belt is lying on the floor.

aria takes a deep breath, rolling her eyes at her brother and heads to the kitchen, putting on an apron to start preparing the dinner. as she's busy washing some vegetables, thinking about everything jungkook said to her. it makes her smile to herself, imagining herself with him in a different living their lives happily. the bubble pops, interrupting her anticipation for a solid plan as a phone rings in the living room.

she wipes her hands, heading towards the sound which doesn't even bother the sleeping brother, making her sigh. the caller id reads 'mom' and aria shakes jimin lightly, "wake up, mom's calling you." she says.

jimin hums, turning the side and pushes her hand away from his shoulder as though she was being the biggest inconvenience to him at the moment. "fine, i'll answer." she shrugs her shoulders, picking up the phone and jimin grumbles in response.

"tell her i'm sleeping."

aria shakes her head, answering the call of their mother and says, "hello, mom. it's aria, jimin's sleeping."

"oh? aria, is he at your place?" she asks and aria hums in response, "ah okay, let him sleep. he must be tired."

"yeah," aria says softly, "did you have something important to tell him?"

"actually no, just wanted to make sure that he wasn't starving himself these days, since yoona is in incheon. don't you think she should understand her responsibility as his wife to take care of him? what kind of people are her parents..." mrs park clicks her tongue in disappointment, "who lets their daughter stay at home for this long, leaving her husband alone?"

aria gulps down her own voice, not saying anything to her mother. but her eyes do glance at jimin for a second, and she sighs softly, "it's okay, mom. jimin doesn't have a problem with it."

"it's all because of that girl. she's got him wrapped around her finger. my boy wasn't like that. you know him too, right? your father and brother—"

aria coughs a little, turning away from jimin and goes back to the kitchen, for she doesn't want him to hear anything that might upset him. he loves yoona a lot and aria knows that it bothers him how their mother often complains about yoona visiting her parents the second time already since their wedding last year. one thing that has been confirmed for aria, watching jimin's wife, is that she won't be welcomed at her parents' house after marriage. not for more than a few hours.

"aria? are you listening to me?"

"yes, mom." she hums, "actually i'm cooking dinner for us. so just got a bit focused."

"oh of course. make something your brother likes, okay? he must be really stressed with work and then his wife not being here for him."

aria rolls her eyes at that, accidentally spotting jimin in the process as he looks wide away now, heading towards her. "what are you cooking?" he mumbles.