Chapter 08 || Waiting For You

"when is yoona coming back?"

aria glances at her brother, curious to hear his answer, for he doesn't seem happy about the question their mother keeps asking him again and again. just a three days ago she had talked to him in front of aria, and she heard the irritation in jimin's voice, making it known for any sensible person that he didn't like them invading in his and his wife's personal life.

taking a deep breath, he puts his mug down on the table after finishing up the coffee and stands up, and puts on the jacket that a lady from their house staff is holding for him. "do his tie neatly." the mother orders her, shaking her head as she walks past jimin, "god knows what your wife is doing back at her parents' place for this long. did she forget she has a husband of her own?"

"stop it, mom. i told you i'm doing okay. she missed her family and it's fine if she wants to see them." jimin sighs, taking the tie from the woman's hand, "i'm leaving now."

"jimin," mrs. park stops him, smiling softly at him as her hands make it to his shoulders, "you never go to work with an upset mind." she tells him, taking the tie from him and drapes it around his neck. with a few neat folds, the fabric is beautifully formed into the professional tie that sits perfectly down his neck everyday. she smiles at her son, fixing the tie one last time and past his chest over the suit jacket gently. "i just don't you to face a problem, son. yoona is your wife and it's her responsibility to make sure that you get your needs met. you already are stressed about work since your father handed over the company to you. now you do need someone to care of you and be there for you at home, right?"

jimin says nothing about it anymore, and steps back, "i'll get going." his hand moves to her mother's side, patting her arm gently to move her aside and walks over to the dining table, ruffling his sister's hair, "bye, ari."

"bye," she mumbles, watching his back until he disappears out of the hall, making her sigh and stand up, ready to go leave as well, which is when her mother stops her.

"you should stay here for the remaining days, aria. you're going to leave the mansion in two months anyway. stay here for the time being, your father and brother will be happy."

"i can come see you and dad, mom. my apartment isn't that far from here."

"i know. but you're the daughter of this family and there's nothing wrong if your father wants you to spend the last few days before the wedding here. you won't be coming here that often once you get married."

not like aria wants to come here. but that's not what concerns her anymore, because she knows jungkook is working on fixing things for both of them so they can be together and happy. jimin already found the love of his life luckily in his wife, and now it's aria's turn to tie knots with the love of her life. taehyung will be heartbroken and the families will be mad, but none of that stands above jungkook and the fact that she gets to stay with him without anyone being a hindrance in their lives.

it's going to be a fresh start that aria knows she needs desperately, especially to get out of this place she has to call her home. nothing about here, other than jimin, is good. maybe she can still be in touch with him even after running away? he wouldn't tell their parents, right? or would he be too mad at her decision that he might never talk to her ever again? who knows what will happen, aria can only pray for a life better than this, with hopefully jungkook in it.

the wedding day is two months and a almost a week away, although she has different plans which means that she might just be leaving within two days as per what jungkook told her last time. so, thinking it that way, she technically doesn't have to stay in the mansion for too long, so she agrees with her mother's request and gives in.