Chapter 10 || Runaway

pacing back and forth in her bedroom, aria stares out of the window frequently, heart racing inside her chest like it was the biggest exam of her life. she wipes the sweaty palms on her jeans, straightening her top and picks up her phone, about to text jungkook, but it is stopped seeing his own call. she answers hastily, waiting for him to speak first and peeks out of the window yet again, spotting a car across the street at a distance, although it's hard to tell whose car that is.

"are you ready?" jungkook asks.

"yes." aria hushes out, closing her eyes and takes a deep breath. "it's gonna be okay, right, jungkook? i'm risking everything for you..."

"i know, love. i'll take care of you. don't worry about anything. i've arranged everything for us." he promises. "now listen. you need to sneak out of the mansion from the back gate, i'm waiting in my car there. it's a black lambo suv, your favourite one."

aria smiles at that, "okay," she hums. "i'll come down."

"yes. be careful, yeah?"

"yeah, don't worry." she gulps, glancing down from her window and thinks for a second. hanging up her phone, she releases a deep breath, full of determination to get to her boyfriend and escape this world to build a new one with him.

putting on her bag on her back, aria pulls out the sheets from her bed, tying one end to the leg near the window side, and throws the other end outside. "for you jeon jungkook." she huffs out with a breath and climbs on the sill, "god, please save me."

with a deep breath, aria lets go of the wall, holding the bedsheet with one hand tightly and the other supporting her weight on the edge of the window. slowly with the help of the sheets and her shoes against the wall, she makes it half way down, when suddenly a whistle catches her attention. looking down she realises it is jungkook, holding his arms out, asking her to jump since the distance is not great from where she is now.

"will you be able to catch me?" she whisper yells.

"always." jungkook assures, "jump."

so she does. when aria's hands leave the grip of the sheets, her eyes shut tight, regretting the decision for spilt second until strong arms of her man save her from falling on the ground. "told you." jungkook chuckles quietly, holding her in his arms, and kisses her cheek, "let's go now. we have to be quick."

he places her down on her feet, not letting her hand go instantly for the fear that she might end up losing balance, but when aria looks up at his face, sending him a smile, it melts him in his shoes. if they weren't in such a hurry, he would definitely steal a few minutes and kiss her right here against the very wall that she cane down from. grabbing her hand, he steps away from the mansion, jogging along the shadows of the big mansion until they reach the boundary wall that jungkook trespassed just a moment ago to make sure aria wasn't having too much trouble getting down from her room.

"c'mere. i'm gonna lift you up so you climb on that wall and jump to the other side." jungkook instructs quickly, not wasting even a second and goes to carry her up again.

"but- wait!" she freaks out, "what do you mean jump the other side?"

"obviously, you'll have to jump." he says, eyes roaming around cautiously and steps near her, cupping her face. "c'mon, princess, we don't have this much time to waste. we need to be quick or someone will see us. let's go, okay? you can do it."

"jump with me..." she mumbles, holding his hand and jungkook heaves out a deep breath. checking around the surroundings once, before nodding his head. he bends down, lifting her up and aria gets the message quickly, using her hands to push herself up along with jungkook's help. she climbs up on the wall carefully, half of her attention fixed on her boyfriend, who jumps up to grab the edge of the high wall with his hands then with the help his shoes against the wall, he climbs up next to aria.