Chapter 5: Hayden

After beer number three, I haul my ass off the barstool and toward the bathroom, needing to piss like a fucking racehorse. But as I step inside and head for a urinal, Roman comes in behind me and blocks the door with his big body. "You need to back off."

"The fuck did you just say?" I ask, turning to face him with a scowl on my face.

Roman crosses his arms over his chest. "You heard me. Cassidy belongs to me. We're just taking a break."

I laugh, itching to punch this fucker right in his annoying fucking face. "She doesn't seem to think so."

He steps closer to me, his eyes flashing with anger. "Watch yourself, newbie. You don't want to fuck with me."

"Oh yeah?" I ask, stepping up to him until we're practically nose to nose. "And who the fuck are you?"

"I'm captain of this team," he says with a smirk that makes me want to knock his teeth out, "and the best fucking player in Seattle."

"Is that right?" I ask, chuckling. "Well, that may have been true before I got here, but now I don't give a shit what you think or who you are. This team's about to have a new captain, and if you touch Cassidy, I'll cut off your goddamn hand."

He shakes his head. "You're fucking delusional."

"Maybe," I say, shrugging as I turn back to the urinal and unzip my pants. "Guess we'll see."

Roman scoffs and turns away from me, heading out of the bathroom without another word. But as I stand there pissing, I can't stop thinking about him and how much I want to make him eat his words.

I'm not letting him have her. Not a fucking chance.

As I finish up and wash my hands, I realize that I'm not just doing this for fun anymore. This is about more than just winning or proving a point. This is about claiming something that's mine and making sure no one else ever touches her again.

I don't care what it takes or who I have to hurt to get her. Cassidy Bennett is going to worship the ground I walk on, beg for my body, and submit to my every whim, and anyone who gets in my way will pay the price.

Starting with Roman Morozov.

I'm not backing down.

Not now.

Not ever.

***

It's late when I finally get back to my hotel room after closing down The Sin Bin and drinking enough beers to make me feel like my head's about to explode. But as I collapse onto the bed and stare up at the ceiling, all I can think about is Cassidy and how fucking hot she was tonight. And how badly I wanted to bend her over that bar and fuck her until she screamed my name.

I should've stayed, should've pushed to walk her home after she closed down the bar, but after her showdown with Roman, she seemed like she needed some space. And I didn't want to push too hard too fast and scare her off completely.

But tomorrow night will be different.

I'll make sure of it.

As I drift off to sleep, I can't help but smile at the thought of what's to come. Because tomorrow night, Cassidy Bennett will start to fall for me.

And nothing—not even Roman Morozov—will stop me from getting what I want.

I lay in bed, staring at the ceiling but not really seeing it as I picture Cassidy in the cropped tank top and tight jeans she wore tonight, her long brown hair falling around her shoulders and those green eyes flashing with anger as she told Roman to get out of her bar.

Fuck, that turned me on more than anything else.

The way she stood up to him, the way she didn't let him intimidate her... it was fucking hot as hell. My dick hardens until it's almost painful while I imagine what her pussy will feel like when it's wrapped around me, milking my cock for every drop of cum I've got.

But then I remember the way she looked at me tonight, like I was some kind of nuisance she couldn't wait to get rid of. And that pisses me off.

She wants me. She just doesn't know it yet.

And I'm going to make sure she does.

Tomorrow night, I'll make my move.

I won't take no for an answer.

Not from her or anyone else who tries to stand in my way.

I wrap my hand around my cock, giving it a languid stroke while I get lost in the fantasy of her lips wrapped around it, her tongue flicking over the tip as she gazes up at me with those big green eyes and black streaks of mascara run down her cheeks from her tears.

Fuck, this is torture.

I lift my hips, fucking my fist like I haven't had to do in years. My thumb swipes over the head, lubing me up with my own pre-cum while I jack off.

When I think about her choking on my dick, my balls tighten and I come all over my stomach, groaning as I imagine what it would feel like to fill her mouth with my cum and watch her swallow every last drop of it.

Jesus fucking Christ.

I don't think I've ever come that hard before.

But as I lay there in the darkness, breathing hard and trying to calm down, I realize there's no way I'll be able to sleep tonight. I'm too fucking fixated.

No, I'm not sleeping until she's hooked on me and no one else can touch her.

Which is a big fucking problem because to function on the ice, I need my sleep.

I don't care what it takes or who I have to hurt to make it happen.

I yank off my t-shirt and use it to clean up, tossing it in the laundry before I get out of bed and throw on a pair of shorts and tank. If I can't sleep, might as well get an ass crack of the morning workout in at the hotel gym.

As I head down the hall, I can't help but smile to myself., and by the time sweat's pouring down my body and my muscles are burning, I've got a plan.

This morning I'm going to show the Anchors a whole new way to win, and tonight I'm going to make my first move in tying Cassidy Bennett to me for life.

A/N: Oooh, that's an ominous last line. Any ideas on what Hayden's going to do to make sure Cassidy can't leave him?

If you want to read more of this story before it publishes here, you can get early access over on my Patreon:

patreon.com/heatherashleywrites (clickable link's in my bio)