Chapter 14: Hayden

Something's wrong with Cassidy and I don't fucking like it. I'm sitting in the back of her bar, pretending to listen to Archie recap his latest hookup but I'm watching her. She's pale and shaky, like she's about to pass out, and that new bitch keeps talking to her.

I don't know who the hell that chick is, but she's not getting away with whatever she's done to Cassidy. Not while I'm here.

I stand up and stalk over to the bar, shoving past a crowd of people to get to her. "What's going on?"

She blinks up at me like she didn't even see me coming before turning back to the chick who looks smug as fuck as she eye fucks me. I sneer at her and slide behind the bar, pulling Cassidy's back against my chest and wrapping my arm around her waist.

Instead of pushing me away like I expect, Cassidy melts into me like I'm the only thing keeping her standing.

"Who is this bitch?" I whisper in Cassidy's ear, my lips brushing the soft shell. I scowl at the chick who still looks too fucking happy with herself.

Cassidy shakes in my arms and I tighten my grip, not sure if she's about to pass out or come to her senses and rip my balls off. "She says she's my sister. Her name's Cosette."

I stare at the woman for a long moment, all the similarities between my girl and Cosette coming into focus. "Uh, did you know you had a sister?" I ask because I've been so focused on chaining Cassidy to me and learning all the important things about her, like how hard she works, how passionate she is, and how much she loves to fight, that I haven't actually gotten to know much about her history.

I figured that shit would come in time, but it looks like time's up.

Cassidy shakes her head again and turns around in my arms, burying her face in my chest as she tries to hide her emotions from this stranger. I can't even pretend that her turning to me doesn't light me the fuck up inside. "No, I didn't."

Cosette smirks at us and flips her dark hair over her shoulder. "Well, you do now." She leans forward and lowers her voice so only we can hear. "And you're going to give me this bar."

I glare at her and tighten my arm around Cassidy's waist, one of my hands coming up and gripping the back of her neck to hold her closer. "The fuck she is."

Cosette shrugs and pulls a stack of papers out of her bag, sliding them across the bar toward us. "According to these, she is. It turns out our father had another family in Vancouver before he moved to Seattle. Me and my mother." She smiles like she's proud of herself for being a fucking bastard's spawn. "And since I'm older, that means it all goes to me."

Cassidy stiffens in my arms and I know this chick just hit a nerve. "You have no idea what you're talking about. My parents are dead and this bar has been in our family for generations. You can't just show up here with some bullshit claim and expect me to give it up."

Cosette raises an eyebrow at her and pulls out another stack of papers from her bag, sliding those across the bar as well. "I don't know about that. My lawyer says otherwise. Especially because it's not bullshit at all."

The doors open and my asshole teammate Morozov walks in and immediately his eyes land on Cassidy. I smirk at him since she's pressed so tightly into my body we're practically one person, the way it should be. He looks like he wants to rip my head off and I hope he fucking tries. I have zero issue spilling his blood and burying his body somewhere in the woods.

In fact, I have a new life goal.

Roman's interest slides to Cosette and I see the moment he recognizes the resemblance between her and Cassidy. He smirks and walks toward us, his gaze darting between them before settling on Cassidy. "I didn't know you had a sister," he says, his voice low and dangerous as she spins in my arms to face her ex-boyfriend.

Fuck, that fact he's touched her makes me want to chop off his fucking hands and make him eat them. Dick, too.

Cosette grins at him and holds out her hand. "I'm Cosette. And who are you?"

He takes her hand and pulls it to his lips, kissing the back of it like a fucking tool. "Roman." He looks up at Cassidy with a smug smile. "We used to date."

Cassidy rolls her eyes and I can feel her getting ready to rip him a new one when Cosette interrupts with a laugh. "Well, if you're single now, maybe we could get to know each other." She gives him a flirty smile that makes me want to slap the shit out of her. I have to remind myself I don't hit women, but if she keeps fucking with my girl, I might make an exception.

"How about I buy you a drink?" he says, eyeing Cassidy. Lila steps in front of Cassidy and me and takes Roman's order while I haul my girl to the back corner of the bar away from the clusterfuck of Roman and Cosette.

"Are you okay?" I ask her as she slumps against me like she can't hold herself up anymore. I may hate that she's upset, but I love that she's leaning on me like this.

She shakes her head and looks up at me with those green eyes that make me want to do anything for her. "What am I going to do?"

I shrug and pull her closer, kissing the top of her head. "We'll figure it out." And we will. Because Cassidy is mine and I don't give up what's mine. Ever. And I'm not about to let some bitch come into her life and hurt her. Cassidy has no idea the darkness that lives inside of me, but if Cosette doesn't back off, she's going to learn how little I care about things like morals or the law.

"I'm not giving up this bar," she whispers, and I nod.

"I know." I rub her back and despite the noise all around us, it's like the world fades away with her pressed up against me like this. I could stay here forever. "We could kill her."

Cassidy laughs but I don't. I'm fully fucking serious.

She shakes her head and pulls back to look up at me, biting her lip as she thinks it over. I can see the wheels turning in her mind and I know she's thinking about it. "No, we can't."

I sigh. "I'm not promising shit.

She lets her head fall forward into my chest and I catch her breathing deep, breathing me in. All her curves pressed up against my body are tempting as hell, but I ignore the way my dick's halfway to hard and kiss her head again.

We stay like that for a long time while Roman flirts with Cosette and Archie tries to hit on Lila and Decker disappears somewhere, probably trying to get away from Sawyer.

When Cassidy finally pulls back, I reach up and cup her face, brushing my thumb across her cheek in a move that's so unlike me, it's hard to believe I'm doing it. I've never given a shit about anyone but Sawyer and myself so this thing I've got going on with Cassidy is fucking weird. "You want to get out of here?"

She nods and I drag her over to Sawyer who offers to drop me at Cassidy's on his way back to our hotel room. Then I lead her out the back door of the bar, ignoring the way Cosette smirks at us as we go.

I have a feeling that bitch isn't even close to finished. My girl's a fighter, but I play fucking dirty. Cosette has no idea what she just started by fucking with Cassidy, but she's about to learn.

I don't give a fuck who she is or where she comes from. No one touches what's mine and walks away unscathed.

And I'd rather burn the Sin Bin to the ground than let her take it from my girl.

A/N:

If you want to read more of this story before it publishes here, you can get early access over on my Patreon:patreon.com/heatherashleywrites (clickable link's in my bio)