The Fifth Night

A loud crash made Mike jump, nearly causing him to fall from his chair. He didn't bother looking at the cameras, knowing that he had very little battery left. Despite all the reassurances about the safety of working here, he felt that his life was hanging by the remaining 15%. Since his first night at the pizzeria, he had noticed that something was off about the animatronics meant to entertain the children. He quickly realized they wanted him dead. And on this fifth night, they had never been more aggressive. Bonnie had just slammed its metallic fist against the door.

The night guard refrained from calling for help when he heard the blows coming from both closed doors. He knew it was 5 in the morning, which meant they were really angry. However, Freddy, Chica, Bonnie, and Foxy were aware that the guard they wanted to see dead had that stupid luck. It was as if the universe was trying to save the one they despised deep within their souls. Despite the animatronics using all means to reach his office, Mike managed to survive until 6 AM. On his final night here, the vengeful spirits trapped within the machines had sworn to stuff this bastard in a costume and make him feel their suffering. While they distracted the guard, the true danger was approaching his office.

The lights flickered. The air grew colder. The attacks of the animatronics ceased. Mike was trembling, his teeth chattering, as he hesitantly grabbed the screen to check the cameras. There were no animatronics in sight. Had they given up the fight? Stopped tormenting this poor man who hadn't asked for any of this, who had lived a life of misery? But the rage of the souls of dead children that possessed the animatronics was only growing as the nights went by. It made no sense. As he looked away from the cameras, his perplexed expression turned into sheer horror. Freddy was seated right in front of him. The panicked guard fell from his chair and moved back as far as possible from the imminent threat.

"But... but how? The doors were closed!"

Mike then carefully observed the motionless animatronic and noticed a significant difference. Instead of the usual brown color, this one was entirely golden. It wasn't Freddy.

"Fredbear?"

The name tasted bitter in his mouth. Years ago, this robot had been the cause of a bloody tragedy that closed down the old family diner. A tragedy that had taken Mike's younger brother's life. The guard could still remember the blood around the machine's jaws. But Fredbear only stared at Mike's blue eyes.