The Nightmares

Mike kept an eye on the animatronics for a good hour. But they hadn't moved an inch. The night guard, in addition to finding this strange, panicked a little. His little brother's spirit didn't seem to have forgiven him. He wanted to apologize a thousand times, but felt it would fall on deaf ears. Then again, he had killed his little brother. The night guard glanced at his battery and smiled slightly when he saw it was three-quarters full. Even on his first night here, the animatronics had been more reactive. Seeing them non-haunted almost looked unsettling. Then, everything went black. It was complete darkness. As if there were no more battery.

"No fucking way ! This can't be possible!"

The night guard tried to turn everything back on, but there was no more power. After a long moment in the dark, he turned his gaze to the left door. Mike was patiently waiting for the gentle music Freddy played before attacking. He had narrowly avoided death on his fourth night. The silence extended, it was unbearable. A ring made him jump. When he realized it was the phone in his office, he answered immediately.

"Uh... Hello?"

No one answered on the other end of the line. Did he run out of electricity? And on the day when Phone Guy was in his place, hadn't he been slaughtered by the animatronics? Mike held the phone to his ear with a trembling grip.

"Who's there?" he murmured.

"It's me," a voice that was all too familiar said. It was distorted by the poor quality of the phone line, but he could immediately tell who was on the other end of the line.

"Evan? Is that you? Is it really you?!"

He heard his little brother chuckle. The older Afton noticed a smile forming in his lips. He had never truly heard his brother laugh.

"Do you have your flashlight with you?" the boy asked cheerfully for no apparent reason.

Michael was taken aback by the question.

"Yes, well..."

"Great! You just have to turn it on when they're there, and you shouldn't have any issues," the boy indicated.

"I... I thought you were dead!"

"Ah, and also, if you hear them breathing, just hide against the wall. You can't let them see you. You know what will happen if they catch you, right Michael?"

His older brother almost jump of joy when he heard him say his name.

"I know I was really a bad brother. I should never have..."

As if Evan didn't hear what his brother was saying, he continued.

"Don't forget to check behind you. If you wait too long, Freddy will take advantage of it. That would be a shame, wouldn't it?"

"Oh... uh... yeah! Evan, listen..."

"And be careful about what happens under your desk. Foxy loves to jump at you at the most unexpected moment to see you cry so he can choke on laughter," Evan announced, his voice growing darker.

"... I just wanted to tell you that..."

"Good luck, Mike! I'm sure you'll make it, after all, it's your beloved brother who prepared this nightmare just for you!"

The line was cut.

"... I... I'm sorry," Michael concluded, a tear in his eye.

The night guard sighed. His brother would finally be able to take revenge, and he couldn't blame him for that. He pulled out the flashlight from his pocket. His office was plunged into total darkness, and the flashlight wasn't very powerful. Evan had told him about Foxy and Freddy, apparently in his office. He scanned the walls and the corners, but saw nothing. At least, that's what he thought. Mike jumped when he saw a black shadow disappear the second the light touched it. It looked like the bear, but... scarier.

"I'll pretend I didn't see anything," he said, clearly traumatized.

His gaze then fell on the open right door of his office. Outside, it was pitch black. The young man swallowed and strained his ear. There was no breathing. Finally, Mike turned on the light and noticed two small white eyes immediately hide in a corner.

"Oh crap, they're really here."

The night guard couldn't see them completely, but he felt that these animatronics weren't like the children's mascots. They seemed to be there specifically to scare. Mike went to the other door and leaned his face out of his office to listen attentively. He felt a breath on his face that ruffled his hair. The night guard was petrified, but he held back a scream. He remembered the advice from the new Phone Guy.

"Just hide against the wall."

Just thinking about his brother's voice helped him calm down. He had only realized how much he loved his little brother after the bite. Mike pressed his back against the wall and waited patiently. Right next to his face, he was greeted by a huge jaw filled with several rows of sharp teeth. His eyes widened as he stand beside the horror. Judging by its color and ears, it was Bonnie. But this version of the cute little purple rabbit didn't belong in a children's restaurant; it belonged in a horror movie. The monster briefly surveyed Mike's office without spotting him, until it decided to move on. Mike didn't see it, but Jeremy burst into laughter seeing him almost piss himself. This was only the beginning of the nightmare.

"What the actual fuck was that?! Get a grip, Michael... Damn, why was I so stupid in '83?" he wondered, his voice trembling.

Mike then focused on his desk. A shower of papers from the stack on his desk burst in all directions, as if a sudden gust of wind had entered the room. There were no windows, and the fan was turned off. Someone had entered.

"Foxy," Michael murmured as he slowly approached the desk.

He timidly directed his flashlight under the desk but... found nothing. He decided to crouch down to inspect better. Nothing. The night guard stood up to check on Freddy.

"Strange... I almost would have bet that..."

When he turned on his flashlight, he was face to face with his favorite animatronic. The one he used to terrify Evan with by wearing its mask. They simply looked at each other. The human didn't take his eyes off its long muzzle adorned with razor-sharp teeth that could bite his neck in an instant. Evan's voice echoed in his head.

"Foxy loves to leap at you when you least expect it, to see you cry and choke with laughter..."

The animatronic opened his mouth. Michael stepped back and hit his desk, causing everything on it to fall. Without thinking, he fled his future grave while crying. Fritz burst into laughter. He took the opposite corridor from Bonnie's, nothing bad should happen there, right? He made the mistake of turning on his flashlight at the right moment. In front of him, a beak filled with teeth as powerful as a shark's was forming a horrifying smile.

"I should have kept that flashlight off, shouldn't I?" he asked, pale with fear.

Chica jumpscared him, Michael fell and dropped his flashlight. He heard glass shatter. He had foolishly destroyed his only weapon against the animatronics. Like Evan on his birthday, all that remained for him were his tears. Mike was plunged into darkness, without electricity.

"I'm dead..." Michael thought as he heard nothing around him.

The soft music of Freddy's twisted musicbox started playing. He saw four pairs of eyes surrounding him. He felt two metallic hands grabbing his arms.