RUN

It was a chilly autumn night. The parking lot had been empty since the last parents had gone home at the restaurant's closing. The headlights of a purple car illuminated the mist forming on the ground. The souls of the missing children watched carefully as the man in a purple uniform stepped out of his vehicle and, flashlight in hand, headed towards his grave.

Timidly, Mike pushed the glass doors of the family friendly pizzeria. The moonlight illuminated the checkered floor. But the nightguard merely stared from a distance at the shapes of Freddy, Bonnie, and Chica, concealed by the darkness of the night. It was only 11 PM; they hadn't yet turned into killing machines. Curiously, the young man approached the animal mascots and directed his flashlight at them. He saw only painted metal and the superficial part of their mechanisms. They didn't seem haunted at first glance. After a long moment of investigation, Mike sighed and climbed onto the stage. Without thinking, he knocked his fist against the metal head of one of the machines.

"So, Bonnie, don't you have a little urge to beat me up?" he chuckled.

He felt the air grow increasingly tense, as if someone was clenching their fists.

"Oh, indeed I do," he thought he heard.

The night guard startled and collapsed to the ground. Jeremy stifled his laughter. Mike kept his gaze on the unmovable bunny but eventually lowered his guard.

"I think... I should head to my office before midnight."

The smiles of the dead children grew wider.

The nightguard walked through numerous corridors leading to the camera room. As always, he kept his flashlight in hand. But that day, Mike felt that something serious was going on. He was beginning to regret coming back into this hell. Suddenly, he remembered the real reason for his visit. His gaze landed on a partially open door. With his flashlight, he could make out "Part and Services." His office was on the opposite side, but he still went there. Fredbear had been scraped since the closure of the family diner; so he must've been taken there. Mr. Schmidt pushed the creaking door open before searching for a switch. He found one and illuminated the entire room. Animatronic parts were randomly stored on poorly maintained shelves. And that's when he found him. Golden Freddy was in the exact same position as the last time he saw him. Seated at the back of the room. Except his eyes were lifeless, not silver. Mike noticed rather late that he was trembling like a leaf. This thing had killed his brother and seemed to have, in some way, brought him back to life.

"E... Evan?" he called out.

The moment he said his brother's name, the light bulb blew out. Michael was frozen and plunged into darkness. Without thinking any longer, he pulled his flashlight and pointed it at Fredbear. But it didn't light up. The robotic voice box of Golden Freddy activated.

"R..."

His breathing accelerated.

"U..."

He began to slowly back away.

"N."

The young man widened his eyes.

"Holy shit !"

Golden Freddy's silver eyes illuminated the room. Mike screamed and rushed towards the exit, accidentally hitting a shelf. He ignored the pain and tried to get as far away from the room as possible. The door slammed shut as if by magic, right on his nose. Then it locked. He was trapped in the same room as Fredbear. He was going to be killed. He could already feel the machine's teeth about to pierce his skull. Mike pounded on the door and couldn't hold back his tears.

"Open up! Ev... Evan... Is that you?"

The eight-year-old boy giggled.

"What a crybaby," he muttered before opening the door for him.

Michael was clutching his knees and almost drowning in his own sobs. Without thinking any longer, he obeyed Fredbear and rushed to his office to do the first thing that came to mind. Firmly close both doors and hope to stay alive. The pizzeria was empty, but Mike felt watched. He burst into his office, slumped into his chair, and checked his watch. It was midnight. His shift had just begun. It was going to be a long night...