PAYBACK ENDING

Evan knelt down to get a better look at his older brother. Michael was silently crying. Out of regret? Fear? Or was he simply letting his tears flow, just like Evan used to do when he was still alive? He couldn't know, and he kept that expression devoid of joy or sadness. One thing was certain, Michael had begged him for forgiveness. Evan remembered the day when he had begged his brother not to kill him.

"No, Michael, don't do this... anything but this... anything but this..."

Evan felt his breath quicken as the memories resurfaced.

"I think the little man wants to give Fredbear a big kiss!"

The boy furrowed his brow, recalling the unbearable voice of his brother.

"NO! DAD! THEY WANT TO...!"

"One!"

Tears welled up in the corners of his eyes.

"MIKEY, PUT ME DOWN! IT'S GOING TO KILL ME!!!"

"Two!"

The ghost was beginning to tremble.

"Please..."

...

CRUNCH!

His fists clenched as he remembered the blood flowing from what was left of his skull. Mike raised his head and looked at his little brother with a puzzled expression, as if he had just insulted him.

"Ev? Are you okay? If you want, you can talk to me, you know?" he said with a smile on his lips.

Evan didn't need to say anything; Mike's smile faded when he saw his younger brother seemed distant. The ghost kept his eyes on the adult in the uniform standing in front of him. Gradually, he was able to piece together on him the mask, the smile, the insults, the jaw, the blood, the death. He closed his eyes and made a decision. The boy turned to the nightmarish animatronics, a wide smile on his face.

"I think Mikey wants to give Fredbear a big kiss!"

Fritz and Jeremy didn't hesitate. Michael felt Bonnie and Foxy each grab one of his arms. He kept his head lowered, knowing that the history will repeat itself. Yet, Michael's face held a small smile. It had been several years since he had heard his brother call him "Mikey." He had missed it so much.

Michael could hear the thune of Fredbear getting closer and closer. The stage lights blinded him. The gigantic shadow of his worst nightmare enveloped him. The older brother turned slightly toward Evan, wanting to see his brother's face one last time. Mike offered a sad smile when he saw the bandage that Evan would have to wear for eternity, the bandage of a child who would never grow beyond eight years old. His brother watched the scene from a distance, neither laughing nor crying. He had that terrifyingly neutral expression. Mike imagined how alone he must have felt since his death.

The two animatronics suddenly stopped. He was face to face with the monster. The night guard raised his head slowly and was met with the nightmarish jaws of Fredbear.

"Don't look, don't look..." Mike ordered himself, on the verge of a panic attack.

The children's souls noticed that the person they mistook for William was frightened. They had to restrain themselves from celebrating, jumping with excitement, hugging each other, crying tears of joy. Any of that could compromise their nightmare illusion.

"Let's give Mr. Afton a lift," the rabbit announced, his voice trembling with excitement.

Foxy nodded in an almost childlike manner.