Chapter 15

Jordyn

The only reason I want to be at Hogwarts today is because Makayla is here. If Makayla wasn't here, the year would be a disaster, as if it isn't already.

I walk into The Great Hall and sat next to Makayla, beginning to eat my food. She and her brother, Kai, are fighting over who's fault it is that Makayla had to stay for the holidays.

"You did it to yourself, Makayla!" Kai shouts.

"No, I didn't!" Makayla shouts back. "I would've at least gotten presents if you didn't have to run your mouth with those disgusting lies of yours!"

"You didn't get presents because father didn't want to get you anything."

"I don't care about the presents!" Makayla shouts again as Louis walks over, and sits down. "I just wanted to be with my family, but you messed it up and made me stay here for a month alone!"

Kai rolls his eyes and storms off. As much as Kai is a goodie-two-shoes, he could be a bitch.

"What's happening–" Louis asks.

Makayla cuts him off, "Stupid family problems. That's all you need to know." Then Makayla walks off as well.

Louis is obviously confused, so I help him out, "There's a reason she had to stay at Hogwarts over the holidays."

"What is that reason?"

"Kai told their father that she 'was being rude to him the entire time,'" I roll my eyes. "and their father decided that the best punishment is to not only keep her here but to make sure she gets no Christmas presents either."

"That isn't very fair."

"It's rich coming from you, but yeah."

Then Draco sits down. Of course.

"Do you all know where my sister is?"

"If you're talking about Makayla, I'm not telling you," I state.

"Why not?"

"Because all you do is cause trouble with you and your greasy ass hair."

He gasps in the most dramatic way possible. "How dare you?"

"Oh, I dare."

"My hair is perfectly fine and doesn't like split ends, like someone I know," he looks me up and down.

Rolling my eyes, I finish my food and walk out.