Chapter 22

Makayla

I had been released from the medicine hall early, seeing as it was fairly easy for the nurse to heal my arm, but Harry, on the other hand, was knocked out for at least a day or two. I'm not saying that I was worried about him, because I don't even know him, but he's just a kid. He shouldn't have to be in the hospital. Thankfully, he's out now.

One good thing about this whole battle thing, is that it amplified my popularity. I know that it isn't right to see that as a bright side to 'fighting' the Dark Lord, but I'm me and have my reasons, okay?

I walk out of the Slytherin common room and hear Ann, and almost everyone else that was there the night everything happened, arguing. Chuckling, I walk around the corner to see what they're talking about. There was Ron, Hermione, Katelyn, Alistari, Jordyn, and, not surprisingly, Louis.

"I TOLD YOU SO!" Ann shouted proudly.

"Ann–" Louis tried to say before getting cut off.

"I, WAS, RIGHT."

"She's never gonna let us live this down," Ron sighed.

"IT WAS NOT SEVERUS SNAPE, I REPEAT–"

"Ann–" I laugh.

Annelise

I hear Makayla laugh, saying my name. Not only did she say my name, but she laughed. I made Makayla Irma, don't ask how I know her middle name, ask Louis, Malfoy laugh. This is the best day of my life!

"Makayla!" I smile and, without thinking, run up to her, wrapping my arms around her.

For a moment, she didn't hug back. That moment felt like a treacherous hour, but after that moment, she finally hugged back. I just hugged Makayla Malfoy. I died dead. Don't talk to me. I need time to process this astronomical moment, man.