Chapter 20

Makayla

I sit on the broom and I hear a sudden change comin from above me. When I look up, that's when the keys start flying toward me at lightning speed. Oh bloody hell.

I fly throughout the room with the keys following me, looking like they want to turn into little knives and stab me however many times that there are keys. Then I spot an old rusty key flying in the air, so I speed up. That has to be the key that goes for the door. It makes sense.

I reach my hand out to grab it and just barely grasp onto it before almost falling off the broom. When I catch it, I get close enough to the ground to jump down and run to the door, putting the key in the keyhole. I feel the vibration of a click, it's open!

I open the door and we all run into the door and I struggle at shoving the door shut. The door is a little heavy, so Louis steps up and helps me.

I lean my back against the door to catch my breath. The others walk into the next room and I follow shortly after once I blow my hair out of my face.

I look around the dark room and see bone-looking things around the walkway that we use to get to these large statues. Once we reach the statues, I realize where we are. We're on a chess board.

"Some boneyard?" Hermione questions.

"No," Ron says.

"This is a chess board," I finish.

"People actually know how to play this game?" Louis asks.

"Yes, Lupin, as a matter of fact, not everyone is stupid like someone I unfortunately know very dear and well."

He rolls his eyes. While he is being dramatic, Ron assigns a few people spots on the chess board. I don't know who decided that the children should be the ones to play Wizard's Chess, but here we are.