5

Valeria Chambers

Rebecca and I both watched from our place on the couch as Joelle -caked with makeup yet again after she took a shower and slept for half an hour at her flat- emerged from Jessica's room and walked towards the front door, my blood boiling in my veins but I had to keep it cool.

Up until when Becky decided to open her mouth "Hey Val, weren't you supposed to see Harry in like half an hour to get started on your first tutoring session with him?"

I glared at her with narrowed eyes.

I can't believe she just said that!

I literally had nothing planned with Harry!

I did not have Harry on my schedule for today except for this morning.

Joelle chimed in with that same devilish smirk "oh really, are you sure it's today? Because I've got my date with him in like... Ten minutes or so..."

I looked up at her blue eyes with a nod "yeah I'm pretty sure it's today."

I just have to play along I guess.

My heart is about to jump out of my body though.

She raised a questioning eyebrow at me as I watched her hand scavenge through her pink purse and fish out her phone.

She then opened it and tapped on the screen, her dangerously long manicured nails made clicking sounds as she typed away "well then, let's make sure of that because I don't trust you."

Oh shit. Now I'm so screwed. What do I do?!

Just act normal Valeria. It'll be fine.

It's all your fault Becky and your talkative mouth.

But you're still my best friend either way.

Joelle put the phone on speaker and we all heard the ringing.

Beep

Beep

"Hello?" The deep raspy voice that belonged to Harry was heard.

I can't believe he actually picked it up!

Ughh I'm gonna do some things to him that he won't like if this doesn't go as planned.

Will you just stop beating so fast?! Calm down heart!

"Hey babe, it's me Joelle. I mean you already know that because my number is saved in your contacts. We're still going on that date you promised me with today right? You don't have anything else in like.. half an hour?" The Grinch said loud enough so that the whole neighborhood could hear.

There was a long pause before his voice was heard again "actually I do have some stuff I need to do in half an hour, and I never promised you anything. You're delusional and-"

She turned off the speaker so we wouldn't hear anything he was saying afterwards. She turned around with a very annoyed expression on her face and stormed off in the direction of the exit door while still having the phone pressed tightly to her ear. She slammed the door shut once she was out.

Rebecca said from beside me "phew, that was close."

I whipped my head really quickly towards her that I almost got whiplash. I stared at her like she was some kind of alien "close?! She was about to gain one point for her side if he hadn't said that! She would've known that we were up to something!"

She looked at me with an amused look on her face "Vee, now you've scored one point for your side and she's got none. We're winning babes."

I shook my head "but that was too risky! God, what if it didn't happen the way it did?!"