12

TW: MENTIONS OF BLOOD. A SLIGHT PANIC ATTACK.

★o☆★o☆

A/N: The medical info you're about to read is real and can be used in daily life emergencies. It could be really helpful one day :)

_________________

Valeria Chambers

"Is there anyone left that I haven't taken their attendance yet?" Dr. Pierce asked when she finished checking everyone's names. Her dark eyes scanned the room one last time. Her Afro hair was pulled up into a nice bun and a stethoscope was placed around her neck.

There were almost twenty students, all of us wearing lab coats over our ordinary clothes, piled up in one small meeting room, sitting on chairs while Dr

There were almost twenty students, all of us wearing lab coats over our ordinary clothes, piled up in one small meeting room, sitting on chairs while Dr. Pierce stood before us.

When no one answered, she began, clasping her hands together "alright then. Today we're gonna learn something you might have learned in your previous years, but I'm gonna teach it again for the international students who might or might've not taken it before."

Bl i'adeh ifadeh. I thought to myself. It was true, repetition is beneficial.

"Alright, let's begin. Today, I'm going to teach you what to do if the patient is unconscious but the heart is still beating. This procedure is done when the situation is urgent and there aren't any attendants or professionals around, or even until the ambulance arrives, just to keep the patient alive until someone gets there."

Okay, so far so good. I have not taken anything like that before. But I've read about it before coming here.

Dr. Pierce regarded each of us with a thoughtful gaze, her expression grew more serious as she spoke "today, you won't be practicing on real patients-" she explained "-Instead, you will have the opportunity to work with one another under my careful guidance and supervision. I recommend dividing yourselves into pairs, allowing you to collaborate and support each other throughout this learning experience."

Oh no.

I don't like where this is going.

I looked around. As I surveyed the room, I noticed that everyone was already pairing up with whomever they felt most comfortable, whether they were two girls, two boys, or even boy and a girl.

I glanced back at Niall to see him already paired up with a redhead girl. Then I saw Harry there, standing all alone and wearing his own lab coat.

 Then I saw Harry there, standing all alone and wearing his own lab coat