13

Valeria Chambers

"Where are we going?" I asked Harry as we walked back to the university, after he had driven us in complete silence the entire way here.

Saving the good stories till later I guess.

We were now walking outside the compound and heading towards the garden there.

Why are we back here? Couldn't we just stay at the hospital and take a walk there or something?

"Is your leg hurting right now from walking? We can stop if you want." He asked with concern in his voice, dodging my question.

"No it's fine. You didn't answer my question though."

"Here." We reached to one of the empty wooden benches and he pulled me down to sit beside him, then he let go of my hand.

" We reached to one of the empty wooden benches and he pulled me down to sit beside him, then he let go of my hand

The feeling of his warm hand lingered there for another few minutes before it got cold again. Missing the warmth already.

What can I say, I'm always cold.

"You know that we left Niall there all alone, right?" I asked him with a chuckle.

"Eh, he'll be fine on his own, don't worry."

Well okay then.

I looked straight ahead at the green trees and the green grass and couldn't help but be mesmerized by their beauty. We had green plants back home, but they were not this bright and almost seemed to fade away.

I breathed in the fresh air, and the refreshing scent of damp soil and newly watered plants hit my nostrils, making me feel more alive.

Students were walking around, sitting on benches or even on the grass. Some had headphones on and some had a book in their hands. Some were just enjoying the peaceful nature, like us, right now.

Then I noticed the rancid smell of cigarette smoke not far from me.

I rubbed my nose and glanced at Harry just to find a lit cigarette perched between his pink lips. His hand was tapping lightly on his thigh and his leg bounced a bit.

"Harry?"

He looked at me expectantly "what? Oh sorry, you want one?" He extended the pack filled with cigarettes, and I grimaced at it.

"Ugh no. I hate smoking. It's bad for your health. You of all people should know that, Harry." I answered with a hint of disgust on my face.

"I can put it out if you're irritated by it." He offered calmly, not seeming bothered at all.

I just waved my hand through the cloud of smoke in front of me "no. Just finish it quickly. You look like you need it."

"Why didn't we stay there at the hospital? We could've just sat there and avoided the awkward car ride over here." I asked after a few minutes.

The most awkward ride ever. I do like the silence, but a bit of conversation would've been nice to break it.