14

Valeria Chambers

It's been three weeks since my last encounter with Joelle.

Three weeks since I was discharged from the hospital and had to get my leg stitched again. Unfortunately, this time the skin was torn apart, which left a nasty scar. The only way to address it was to bring the sides together and stitch them.

She still hasn't ruined my life completely. Maybe her threat was all words and no action.

Or what she did to me was only the beginning.

Maybe she was plotting my death for all I know.

God I hate her so much.

And I have a very strong feeling that she was the one who spiked my drink at that party. There was no doubt about that.

I still haven't talked to my mum about my memories, I really needed to know the truth and right now seemed like the perfect timing.

I grabbed my phone that was on my bedside table, dialled her number and waited for her to pick up. Throwing myself on my desk chair and looking up at the ceiling.

After a couple of rings, I heard her sweet motherly voice on the other end "hello? Val?"

I smiled at the mention of my nickname "hey mum, how are you today?"

What? Of course I wasn't gonna start without beating around the bush, I wanted to be polite and this was me being polite.

"I'm good honey, what about you? Missed talking to you. How's university? How's life?"

"I'm good too.. university is.. well as good as it gets. Um, I got a new job in an ice-cream shop actually." I began to explain.

"Oh my God that's awesome! I'm so proud of you habibti." She answered with a cheerful voice and I smiled even wider. I can't believe I haven't told her about that already.

"Thank you mum... I'm proud of me too."

I definitely wasn't gonna tell her about the chaos that has happened in my life or about Joelle and her threats. It'd only worry her and I didn't want that.

"Is there anything else you wanted to tell me?" She asked with a hint of concern in her voice.

Now is my chance.

"Erm, yeah actually. I wanted to talk to you about something, which I think is kinda important."

She waited for me to elaborate , and I did "remember when I had that bus accident? The one that erased a part of my memory and you tried to bring it all back by telling me about my life before the accident?"

"Yeah I remember, why? Is there something wrong?"

I answered her with a question "did you tell me everything? Like even about my life back in England? You didn't leave anything out?"