7

Valeria Chambers

It was currently seven PM. I had finished organizing my room and unpacking the rest of my suitcases since the moment I woke up. Now everything looked more tidy, nice, and smelled like lemon from the floor cleaner that I used.

I watched some Grey's Anatomy episodes with Rebecca to pass some time before it hit seven.

When it did, I went straight to my room, opened my closet and took out the dress from it.

I inspected it, yet again, raising it up and flipping it to see its back. It wasn't too bad, and I remember liking it at the shop.

I'm only gonna wear it once, and that's it. No big deal.

Oh God, the party will start at ten, that means I only have three hours till I get ready.

Make it two and get a spare hour? Yeah that's better.

I don't even know how to get ready for this shit.

Why in God's name did I agree to go in the first place?

I groaned in annoyance due to the lack of experience in this kind of thing.

I threw the dress on my bed and held my phone, going straight to Google and started typing while murmuring the words slowly "what should I do before going to a party" then I hit search.

A couple of things appeared as I read through them "first, allow yourself enough time to get ready."

Is three hours enough?

I continued reading "groom yourself properly by taking a shower and moisturizing your skin."

Huh, I can do that and I already did. Gonna do it again just in case, no biggy.

"Next, choose the perfect outfit that matches the occasion, compliments your body type, and accentuates your skin tone."

Well I guess I've chosen that even though it's out of my comfort zone but okay.

"Last, avoid any stain-prone food or drinks at the party and have fun!"

Oh well, that was helpful.

I rolled my eyes as I locked my phone and threw it on the bed beside the dress.

I guess I'll take a quick shower, then maybe ask the girls what I should do next.

I went into the bathroom, stripped off my clothes and stepped into the shower.

Trying my absolute best to avoid looking at my body because I was not even comfortable in my own skin.

I'd read somewhere that I should love myself first, but I didn't know how to do that when my body had only brought me trouble and humiliation.

I'm not confident enough.

Half an hour later, I stepped out of the shower, of course breaking the world record of the fastest shower I've ever taken. And thank God I'd taken a shower the first day I got here. It took me a whole hour trying to figure out what each handle did. I got used to it after this morning's shower though.

I walked back to my room when I was almost startled to death. Rebecca was there rummaging through bags and bags of what looked like makeup that I definitely do not own and were placed on my chiffonnier*.

With a hand on my chest, I hugged the towel tighter around my body, and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding "Becks oh my God, what the hell are you doing here? You scared me."