•|• Lesson Two •|•

I wonder...

What happens to the things that have been misplaced and forgotten?

Could it be that they simply just faded out of existence, melding into the very place they were last seen, swallowed into the darkness never to see the light of day?

'Is that even possible?' You must be thinking, and to answer your question: of course not silly.

All of it, from the pencil you dropped yesterday during math class to the beaded friendship bracelet you and your friends made all those years ago, are still with us. Even now, it's all been buried at the back of our mind, overlooked, and no longer relevant to our everyday lives.

Just for today, all for you, I'll share a secret.

Roaming the halls, spending mouth to mouth like wildfire, there is a new rumor.

Have you ever heard of the Faeries?

🔸•°🌙°•🔸

6 days 15 hours 11 minutes, and 6, 7...8...9...10...something seconds.

Certainly not exact, but this is the amount of time he and Hanako have been acquainted. Even if it's only been about a week since their first meeting and binding, he can't say for sure his life had been affected too much by the oddity named Hanko-san.

To be fair, though, he didn't exactly know just what he signed up for that day; he'd just assumed she'd need assistance with her ghostly duties, something interesting he could boast about later as he helps take care of the issue. So far, he couldn't have been farther than the truth. Every afternoon, just after the last bell rings for the day he finds himself in the restroom with a mop or broom cleaning his youth away. It hadn't been so bad at first, for the most part, it was mainly dust and stray litter he had to clean, but as the days progressed he soon grew bored of the constant cleans, especially when there was nothing left to clean...

That wasn't even the worse part, though, Hanako-san had also placed one of her will-o-whisps (a spirit orb he'd only met around the third day as he spotted it trailing behind him rather obviously) in charge of watching over him, a constant reminder of who was in charge, a mocking of just how he'd never escape the cruel fate he'd twisted himself into. Hanako-san very much reminded him of one of the evil villains in fairytales, more specifically, the evil stepmother lady in the one with the girl who did nothing but clean and do chores...sadly he couldn't quite put a name to the story but he'd be sure to look into it if he was to ever escape.

Tossing the wet rag back into the soapy substance filling the bucket at his feet the raven haired boy stretched his muscles popping his shoulder before wiping the excess residue from his hands. "Hanako-san, Hanako-san, I'm leaving now." He hummed tiredly plucking his bag from the floor with a yawn.

"Eh-!? But--but it's only been an hour," said ghost blurted in bewilderment as she glanced over at the clock above the door. Hoping from her seat stationed upon the window sill she bounced over the boy with furrowed brows. "You still have thirty minutes left,"

Where did that come from? He looked up at the clock, he never noticed such an item even existed. Her doing no doubt, it wasn't odd for her to pull something random from her hat to spice up the little room she resides in.

"I have plans today." an exasperated sigh rolled from his lips. As he leaned over to collect the rest of his items grim (e.c) caught a glimpse of the (rather poorly) hidden bandages on his upper arms and abdomen, a frown flitting across her face as she observed the slight flinch he made while bending over.